Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Site TOO slow.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Are you talking about on tapatalk or the desktop version. For me it seems to be fine at the moment. I'll look in to it though. I may need to increase the server capacity as traffic looks to be ramping up quite a bit this year.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Are you talking about on tapatalk or the desktop version. For me it seems to be fine at the moment. I'll look in to it though. I may need to increase the server capacity as traffic looks to be ramping up quite a bit this year.

Desktop version. Ive never had a problem with this site being slow before. Thanks.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think it could be something to do with the ads popping up.

There shouldn't be any ads "popping up" if you have ads that "pop up" like in another window then your browser may be compromised with adware.

There are a couple of embedded banner adds however that load inside the page at the top, but they're not load dependent on the page content. Basically they're a page within a page that loads in it's on. I did some pretty extensive testing before I added them to ensure they wouldn't impact performance.

The biggest difference between the full desktop site and tapatalk is tapatalk is a far lighter browser an has less functions to load. I'm going to have to devote some time into looking at it. I have a feeling however it's only slower during periods of peak users. We've set some record users online here lately and it may be time to grow the server.

What browser are you using? Do me a favor. If it's slow again try another browser and see if it's any different.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here's an example of how the two ads load after content. I took two quick screen caps after clicking in a page.

Content fully loaded, ads haven't loaded yet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474123947.230949.jpg

Ads have loaded after content.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474123981.581484.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The ads are on the page like fig.2 Not in another window. Thanks

Cool. Like I said I'll look into it. I want the site to be as fast as possible for you guys. Recently I've seen over 70 members and 350 guests on the site at one time. Usually Monday Tuesday and Wednesday are the peak and Thursday through Sunday are lower traffic. I'll have to look back at the performance graphs for the server but I'll get it figured out.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. What browser do you use? Also if you could help me out and try another browser when it happens that would be good.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I'll check my browser when I'm back in my office Monday. Do you have a PayPal account so we can donate to help with upgrading the server?