Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Phil's 2016 pics

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Cool 6pt I just might shoot. Why? I am not getting on any target bucks. He looks cool. It would make me smile. Enough reason for me. lol

IMG_0145.jpgIMG_0146.jpg

This is the old man. I have pics of this deer going back to 2008. Had him in bow range last year with my son in the hot seat. Too bad it was after legal shooting hours. He was still about 75-100yds away during legal light. I would shoot this deer if he scored 70" just because of his age and the history with him. He'll be a burger deer. That has got to be some tough old meat. lmao

PICT0242.jpgPICT0241.jpgPICT0243.jpgPICT0244.jpg

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Cool 6pt I just might shoot. Why? I am not getting on any target bucks. He looks cool. It would make me smile. Enough reason for me. lol

View attachment 49650View attachment 49651

This is the old man. I have pics of this deer going back to 2008. Had him in bow range last year with my son in the hot seat. Too bad it was after legal shooting hours. He was still about 75-100yds away during legal light. I would shoot this deer if he scored 70" just because of his age and the history with him. He'll be a burger deer. That has got to be some tough old meat. lmao

View attachment 49653View attachment 49652View attachment 49654View attachment 49655

Wonder what those eyes belong to behind him.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I do believe I spy a drop tine. Never seen this buck before. Showed up during the rut. Probably never see him again. Good to see him though.

11110164.jpg

Passed on this buck. Sort of kicking myself. He came in fast with his mouth open. Not sure I could have gotten my bow on him quick enough even if I made an instant decision to shoot him. Might not be the same buck. I sure don't remember those brow tines but I saw him from a side view that looked like the first pic below.

11110270.jpg

I might eat a buck tag. Someone else might kill him. He could get hit by a car. I think I made the right decision to pass. If he makes it another year, he has the genetics a few other deer in the area have had. If he blows up like a couple others have with similar racks, he could be something very special in a year. Two years would be ideal, but I don't see me passing if he puts on 15-20" by next year. He is a beauty now. I wouldn't blame anyone for shooting him this year. I have been blessed with some very nice bucks. Shooting him now would not allow him to make it to "Whoa" caliber.

11110261.jpg11110258.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Cool pics, Phil! Kill that one with a drop tine if he comes back. That thing would make a nice handle for pictures.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll try my best gents. Like I said, the droptine buck has never been seen before. He will likely disappear to his home turf again and I'll never see him again. I'd shoot him in a heartbeat. Always wanted a droptine buck. 2.5-3.5-4.5yr old? DOn't care. lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Swapped some cards. Looks like I missed some prime time seat time when I was worn out last weekend. Frustrating but that is hunting. What do you do? Kick yourself. Laugh it off. Move on. Another chapter in the love/hate relationship of trail cameras.

First up is one awesome 6pt. I will pass on him for now in hopes of a giant 6pt next year. He'll probably get hit by a car. lol