Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Phil's 2016 pics

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Haven't run many cameras this year. Getting the usual nothing on my personal ground. Not running cameras on my neighbor's properties. Generally does, fawns, and small bucks until October so I am not real excited to hang one yet. Have a couple hanging on my "best" properties to hunt. They are starting to produce a bit. Hopefully get some better pics soon. I see enough in the blurry pics to know I should have a couple shooters. I have seen some while glassing. Pictures are just a bonus I guess. I don't need pics to be excited for the season to start. Here goes.

EK000091.jpgEK000133.jpgEK000135.jpgEK000136.jpgIMG_0160.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Different property. I have some pics of deer in the background which I would love to see up close. Best thing about this card pull was the sheer number of young bucks which looked great. There are some 1.5 to 2.5yr old bucks with starts better than I have possibly ever seen. That is promising. I also had a couple bucks I want better pics of because I am trying to determine if they are the same ones I have seen in the past. Not "monsters" but deer which I have had around but have never broken 140". I would shoot a 6-7-8-9yr old deer in a heartbeat regardless where he scores. The fifth pic looks very similar to an old buck I have had around going back 6-7yrs. I don't think it is him though. I think this buck is a fat 3.5yr old. His back is pretty straight. Brisket hangs low but that could be a genetic thing, not an age thing. Face looks to have extra skin and possibly some grey. Could be between coats of fur. Antler main beams always went straight forward and this buck has a slight inward curl at the ends. I don't think it is the same deer. Maybe I will know better on age at a later date. It can be tough to age them in the summer. Plus, I don't proclaim to be great at it to start with.

08250327.jpg08160281.jpg08160252.jpg08140223.jpg08080183.jpg08060138.jpg08020109.jpg

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Something is off. I can see Chris Farley singing "Fat buck with a little rack!"

09090124.jpg

Now this may possibly be one of the coolest trail camera pictures I have ever gotten. Who? Who?

09150261.jpg