Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pics...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I hit the motherload so I should be keeping up on the pics.

This is one trip. Filled a 55 gallon can and a recycling bin. Going to go back for the rest one night this week.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Buddy, I hope you get an opportunity at either of those deer. Both are awesome.

Ditto! Good luck Chaz! I kinda hope MM gets by this season and you thump Deebo or bigger this year just so we can see what he becomes next season! If he presents you a shot first by all means take it cuz he's really cool looking now!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Looking through pics at lunch and see that I missed one. I assumed this was Marky Mark but it's not. Wrong side. So I have two funky ones. Wild Cherry (play that funky music) name seems appropriate. Only one pic of him.

MFDC0038.jpg

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Well all this has probably went to shit. The neighbors are all starting the logging early. They will be cutting for the next 6 weeks. Had to pull all stands and cameras tonight.

Fuggin bummed.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Don't get disappointed, stay the course and hunt it where they're (loggers) not...

Last edited:

jlane

dunn nc
Well all this has probably went to shit. The neighbors are all starting the logging early. They will be cutting for the next 6 weeks. Had to pull all stands and cameras tonight.

Fuggin bummed.

Yep feel your pain, Found out this week one of my best tracts will start timbering on oct 1.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry to hear this Charles!!! Timing couldn't have been any worse! It'd have been nice had he told you this was going to happen before you went to all the work putting up your tree stands,running cams and getting your hopes up! DANG!!!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
6 weeks from now puts you right in the seeking phase of the early rut. Chances are those bucks aren't going far, I wouldn't be too worked up over it. Logging will improve the habitat in time also.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I know the area well. Ours was logged two years ago and the deer barely travel it now. They go around. This land is a connector to fields. Those fields will be harvested before they are done logging. This connector is the "back 40" the deer don't "need". They have a HUGE, completely wooded sanctuary full of all they need.

Everything comes from the sanctuary (church camp). The disturbance will make it an easy decision for them to stay in the "safe" place.

I'll post a Google Earth pic later.

If I had a higher deer density it would be a different story but I don't. Morrow County has very little in deer population compared to the area/habitat available.