Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I really could use your TOO help on this one

Today's update. We knew by Friday's bloodwork it was likely she would be getting blood today. Bloodwork showed her hemoglobin had dropped from 8.4 all the way to 6.4!! My mom then proceeds to tell the nurse oh by the way I had a bloody stool yesterday. First I ever heard of it. Could definitely be part of the reason for the fast drop.

We get to the hospital and she needs help getting her gown tied in the back when I notice a big deep scrape and bruise about the size of a baseball. Oh, she fell this morning before I got over there to pick her up!! All she remembers is standing up, feeling dizzy and then having to pick herself up off the dog. I even brought breakfast over this morning, sat and ate it together and seemed fine never once bringing it up.

My sis and wife both think she doesn't want to bother me with the added stress or something. Just doesn't make any sense to not tell me about the bleeding, either way she ends up in the hospital regardless if it were Sunday afternoon or today. As for falling, I don't even know what to say.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Ugh. The falling worries me. Does she have one of those alert buttons, or can you look in to one?

Ugh. The falling worries me. Does she have one of those alert buttons, or can you look in to one?

Me too. Pretty sure it's due to the low hemoglobin and when she stood up fast she instantly got light headed. I brought up the life-alert idea back not long after this all started and she about bit my head off. She agreed (back when I was talking about it) to carry her cell phone in her pants pocket once she got up but that hasn't worked since day 1. Think it's time to bring it up again now that this is the second time in a little over a week falling like that.

Back in again. Figured she would end up in today and were right. Odd thing was she looked and sounded better today than she had for the last week. Go figure. Doc said they will make sure the colonoscopy gets done this go round as he wants to make sure she has no bleeding they've missed.

Well everyone I need to update this in the way I never thought I would have to. Wednesday we had contacted hospice and had everything ready for her to come home from the hospital. That night was a good evening and she had asked for her favorite Chinese for dinner. Thursday my sister was on her way up from Georgia and as the day went on my mom grew weaker. When my sister arrived my mom acknowledged her by showing excitement that she was finally there. The night and then morning on Friday were rough. We had called hospice for help and they arrived within 25 minutes. It took a while but the nurses were able to make my mom comfortable. As the morning turned into the afternoon we realized it wouldn't be long. My wife, sister, my son and daughter as well as my mom's best friend and I were there when she passed at 5:21 pm Friday evening. She is now at peace and will not have to worry about another IV to be stuck in her arm for another transfusion or any more pokes, prods or injections ever again. Thank you all for following along and helping me cope with it all. I cannot say enough good things about the people here on this site. You all are the best!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I am so very sorry to hear this. You have my sincere condolences and will continue to be in my prayers.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Sorry to hear, dude. You guys are in my thoughts. Had brought tears in my eyes. I miss my mom everyday.