Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Got to shoot a ....

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Hoyt carbon defiant... OMG I love Hoyt's but what the hell did they do? That bow is a sweet shooting son of a gun. Man they may have just sent the rest packing... Get one in your hands and try it.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hoyt carbon defiant... OMG I love Hoyt's but what the hell did they do? That bow is a sweet shooting son of a gun. Man they may have just sent the rest packing... Get one in your hands and try it.
The only issue I see on it is fletching contact because of a nock low set up needed for perfect flight on short draw lengths.

I shot one and like it better on draw/hold than my Carbon Spyder Turbo.

Im thinking of maybe buying a used aluminum defiant 34. I just don't see the benefits of the carbon bows. I also can't stand how ugly the hoyt carbon risers are. The new dfx cams are very nice. after 4 years hoyt finally came up with something better than the rtk based cams. The rtk cams are nice but the string over travels on the corner of the cam and wears out faster.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I said the same thing about why carbon until I held one in 15 degree weather. Huge difference and it's worth it for that alone. I like the weight reduction also.the cams are really nice except dumping into the valley is different. I really like the RKT gen1 cams. They started off on the right foot that's for sure