Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Glad to be here

BCamp

Dayton
Hey there my name is Ben and I have been a silent viewer for a little while and figured it was time to join in a little. I just started getting involved in hunting other than the occasional rabbit hunt 3 spring turkey seasons ago. There is a lot to learn but I've caught the bug and am enjoying every minute of it. I've also gotten my dad hooked on turkey and am wearing him down to come out and deer hunt. I think he will come around when the kids (one 3 year old daughter and twin boy and girl one year olds) are old enough to be more involved. I got my first deer last year on the second to last day with 2 minutes left of shooting light at Salt Fork. I thought it was a doe but it ended up being a 1 1/2 year old buck that had already shed and I was upset enough at shooting that young of a buck that I didn't even think about taking a picture until I already had it skinned. Thanks for the outdoors fix I've been getting this summer from reading your posts and hopefully I will have something interesting to share myself this year.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Greetings and Welcome to TOO. Glad to have ya here, no better place TOO be. Jump in and we look forward TOO your posts.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Welcome, congrats on your public land deer! Lots to learn around here from all these old farts like Boarhead, xbowguy, finallyshedded, full bore, etc. They've been in the tree longer than I've been alive[emoji23]

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Welcome, congrats on your public land deer! Lots to learn around here from all these old farts like Boarhead, xbowguy, finallyshedded, full bore, etc. They've been in the tree longer than I've been alive[emoji23]

You forgot our beloved Danmann that I think is in his area. Great guy to meet.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Welcome and I hope you make yourself at home! If you been watching us and still spoke up, we like that in ya. Best group you will ever know and ALWAYS willing to help out.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to TOO!!! We all learn something every year as deer change their patterns and behaviors in accordance to hunting pressure and urban sprawl. You learn a lot by just trial and error through your hunting experiences. Lots to read here on TOO so hopefully you can shorten the learning curve some!

Glad to have ya! ENJOY

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Welcome to the site, glad you finally posted....if you think getting your dad into hunting wait till the kids get older lol....

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Welcome!