Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Morgan/Perry/Athens Acorns

Pabowbender

For whatever reason, I have yet to see a white oak dropping acorns here in SE Pa. I do tree work for a living, and I'm always looking. I've seen a few red oaks with good drops, but that's it.

reo

N.E. Ohio
Got a buddy in Texas that says Chinkapins and Cherrybarks are both producing. Not so much with the others though.

KYhunter

Eastern Ky is loaded this year! Walked 100 yards on an oak flat and I bet I couldn't haul the acorns on the ground in my truck bed. Probably one of the best years I've ever seen here

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
So far, all the acorns I have seen on the ground have been small. Of those small acorns, all that I busted open looked rotten. And they are from this year, not last.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Found some!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Look at this guy out in the woods a week prior to the opener touching the Deer's food! Must not be your spot...

No acorns around my house. We have a bunch out where I hunt, but I ain't been out. I'll have more to report from Highland county next weekend.
Not my spot, right behind my buddies house.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
If you meant did I cut into the actual acorn with a knife, no I didn't. I thought you asked if I cut them off the tree.