Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New property pictures

mitch_foster15

Geauga
This is my first post on here but figured i might as well start somewhere. My parents just bought 65 acres in northeastern ohio and i have been lucky enough to have free reign over any improvement deer related. I put two food plots in, a mineral site, and until the cons found it i had a feeder out. It all started when i got a picture of what i thought was a ten point coming into the minerals. over the last two weeks he has been bringing in more bucks with him. i later saw in pictures he has some knubs on his right side, and both brow tines are split. The only issue i see is that personally he seems like a young deer. id hate to wipe him out if he has more potential. there are multiple 8 points and one seems to be bigger bodied than him. Also if you notice the spike, he seems like he has a skin problem(mange?) i thought he was shedding his summer coat but none of the other deer are. With these pictures i only have one worry, after one month of the camera out i only have ONE picture of a doe. Only these bucks come in normally every 4 days.

I apologize for the small size of the images. if theres a way to make them show full size i will repost if need be aug 11 5.jpgaug 11 2.jpgaug 11 3.jpgaug 11 4.jpgaug 11 1.jpg

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't sweat it. It is difficult to age in the summer. If I were forced to guess, I'd say your big boy is 3 ish. The frame on the other big one is real nice too. Good luck!

mitch_foster15

Geauga
Thank you guys! I live in Geauga county and go to school at University of Akron. Hopefully i have the time on the weekends to harvest one of these guys!

Schu72

Streetsboro
My wife is from Newbury and her family also has property in Burton. I don't hunt that way much anymore, but her family still hunts there quite a bit. Some nice deer in that area for sure.