Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arrows, whatcha running?

Pabowbender

Old school Easton XX75s with 100gr Muzzys. Total arrow weight is 501gr. My Hoyt @ 60lbs/30" shoots them at 250fps (chrono), so that gives me 69.5 ft/lbs of KE. That'll deliver a thumping! I'm coming over to your side of the fence in Nov to prove it, can't wait!! :pickle:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Old school Easton XX75s with 100gr Muzzys. Total arrow weight is 501gr. My Hoyt @ 60lbs/30" shoots them at 250fps (chrono), so that gives me 69.5 ft/lbs of KE. That'll deliver a thumping! I'm coming over to your side of the fence in Nov to prove it, can't wait!! :pickle:
Xx75 are great arrows really... Miss shooting them sometimes

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That takes me back in the day! Lol

Everyone shot 2018 or 2117 orange shafts with 4" vanes if I remember correctly! Most tipped them off with Wasps or muzzys I think.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
2413's were the last ones I shot.... Thunderhead 100's Hoyt Heat.... Maybe 230 fps.... Killed a lot of deer with that setup... Very quiet bow, smooth drawing and I was very accurate with it out to 35 yards...

Pabowbender

I'm currently sporting the elegant 2314s. With their sleek lines, and near perfect straightness, they complement the old school bowhunter's set-up. rotflmao

Milo

Tatonka guide.
image.jpglike these beauties

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
2512's were my target arrows. Lol

Eclipses anyone? 2317 hunting arrows.

HAHAHA, I think everyone in our club gave those black logs a try! Take that you jar lickers! Lol

Never really stuck and we all went back to the arrows we were shooting before! Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This is the first time trying these arrows.

Axis 5MM 340's cut to 27.25" in length.
2" green and white Blazer vanes and green fluorescent nocks
100 grain Slick Trick Mag 100's
Total arrow weight with BH is 404 grain

Mathews Drenlin LD set at 61 pounds
My hunting arrow chronograph's at 248 ft/sec

Bow was tuned by Broken Rack Archery in Batavia and they did a great job! I'll take it back for my 200 shot readjustment next Friday.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's some nice shootin Ric!
Nice! real nice buddy!

I was shootin real good last night with these brand new arrows on this well tuned machine but I just jabbed those 4 arrahs in the target for the pic! rotflmao

I'll post true group shootin in our hunting journal sometime though.....:smiley_coolpeace:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

Went back to the tried and true Easton Axis arrow that year. Bumped up from a 380 grain Flatline to these at an average of 419.5 grains. Last time I had these, they flew around 285 fps and generated more than enough KE to blow through a deer. I'll tip these 28.5" carbon darts with a fixed blade of some variety, most likely Montecs or Strikers from G5.