Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arrows, whatcha running?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
They all look good fellas! Took me forever to switch to carbons (I'm cheap I guess) now I'll never look back! I believe they are cheaper in the long run.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I rushed home after a 10 hour work day to shoot a few arrows before dark and the Skeeter invasion. They've been really bad right near dusk but I fought em off. I'm not really happy with the results after my first 8 shots but it's a starting point. Almost got my 20 yard pin set though. The least favorable shot on the block is the top right corner bull. Lost my concentration at the shot on that one.

Jesse, I went with green and white Blazers TOO!

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I rushed home after a 10 hour work day to shoot a few arrows before dark and the Skeeter invasion. They've been really bad right near dusk but I fought em off. I'm not really happy with the results after my first 8 shots but it's a starting point. Almost got my 20 yard pin set though. The least favorable shot on the block is the top right corner bull. Lost my concentration at the shot on that one.

Jesse, I went with green and white Blazers TOO!

Dead deer

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well, I got out and shot my bow this morning before heading to work. Felt great shooting fresh and well rested with no skeeters or wind!

My first 8 arrows after slight windage adjustment at 20 yards. Think I'm good. No jabbin in next 3 pics! LMAO

Last two shots were top and bottom right Bulls. Kinda lost focus. Next 8 were alittle better.

This time my last 2 shots were at the top and bottom left bullseyes. Notice a pattern? Lol

Finally went back to 30 yards just to see how close it was....pretty close I think:pickle:

Overall, I'm very happy with how my equipment is performing. Just need to work to get better with the mental aspect as my form seems to be getting much better since I've been concentrating a lot on it. I shoot using a wrist strap caliper type release with a trigger and I work extremely hard at keeping my focus during the trigger squeeze portion of my shot execution. It can be very challenging when fatigue sets in after shooting a lot so I must take a break before reaching that point.

Good luck to everyone else as they practice sighting in their bows or xbows preparing for the upcoming season!

Last edited: