Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
unnamed.jpg Hey guys this is 130 class 8 point i took 2014 on public land.

Vermonster1121

Sheldon, VT
Welcome to the forum. We like maple syrup. We'll let you stay. lol

Welcome! I am also from VT and have heard of others that bring maple syrup to some private land owners in payment for hunting rights. I can never get this lucky and find those folks! Personally I hunt the state land as well and cannot agree more that Ohio does it right. Vermont hunting is terrible. I always see more people than deer and it essentially turns into figuring out where the hunters will force/scare the deer to and you positioning yourself with that in mind. I see "the locals" trail cam pics on here and couldn't even imagine being able to live in a great whitetail state like Ohio. Us Vermonters just get excited to get a buck on camera period.

I have myself have also scored on some stand land, although not as large as those trophies. deer 2.jpg

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
Yup i always look forward to the trip out there Vermonster, its just a different kind of bow hunting compared to here, you just never know whats going to walk around the next tree, keeps you on the edge of your stand for sure, cant get enough of that feeling no doubt.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Vermont guys,, Welcome to TOO.. I'm also basically a new member... Bunch of nice guys on here. I'm sure one or both of you have hunted in New Jersey with our liberal seasons. I always see vehicles from up your way parked on state land in Jersey. Good Luck this season.

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
Hey Fletch thanks for the welcome, sure is a bunch of nice guys here, actually i have never hunted Jersey not sure why, from what i hear and see there are some fine looking deer there, maybe soon i will give it a shot i am always game for a new challenge and looking at new hunting grounds.

Vermonster1121

Sheldon, VT
Vermont guys,, Welcome to TOO.. I'm also basically a new member... Bunch of nice guys on here. I'm sure one or both of you have hunted in New Jersey with our liberal seasons. I always see vehicles from up your way parked on state land in Jersey. Good Luck this season.

I've never hunted NJ myself. I have killed a couple nice bucks in Southern NH on the Mass border though. Not much public land around me in Northern VT. All you see is yellow posters. It's certainly disheartening.

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
i have to say Vermonster its not any better here in southern Vt, places i have hunted for years are being bought up by out of stater's and i mean a lot of property, yellow signs every where, im talking 12 pieces of land that i use to hunt, and i only have access to 2 of them now, its damn crazy.