Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cabelas opening Aug 11th

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Don't forget to take at least 4 high limit credit cards with you!

Sorry its my opinion that Cabelas try to empty your wallet with extreme pricing.

rsmith

I went over the weekend with my girlfriend and her family. Cool to check out but it was so packed in there I felt I couldn't actually look around. Very nice mounts all throughout the store.

Bigcountry40

I was there yesterday looking at crossbows. This is the smallest Cabela's I've seen. The one associate said they were making all new stores on a smaller scale.

Sounds shitty like the Bass pro shop in Toledo, full of employees that don't have a clue! Is this accurate with the new cabela's? I love the one in Dundee Michigan, but that is a mega store just like the Bass Pro in Toronto and Atlanta. Some are shittier than others. Personally I think we have way to many of outdoor stores as it is and other than Dunham's they are all over priced. Personally I go to ma n' pop archery and gun stores for any kind of fire arm/bow work.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds shitty like the Bass pro shop in Toledo, full of employees that don't have a clue! Is this accurate with the new cabela's? I love the one in Dundee Michigan, but that is a mega store just like the Bass Pro in Toronto and Atlanta. Some are shittier than others. Personally I think we have way to many of outdoor stores as it is and other than Dunham's they are all over priced. Personally I go to ma n' pop archery and gun stores for any kind of fire arm/bow work.
I totally agree. These smaller "convenient" sized stores are a joke. Way too many employees and not enough product. Anymore, I rarely visit them unless it's for something really particular or I need to fondle a gun. More often than not I buy all my outdoors goods on the web.

Francis

Geauga
Stopped by this week to check it, was planning to just got and look around, ended up leaving with 150$ in purchases. Was surprised to see them asking 100$ for rattling antlers :smiley_chinrub:

Qback5

I've been disappointed with the increase in Cabela's stores...such as Polaris. Selection is very disappointing, and you go in expecting Dundee, and you walk ou wishing you had just ordered online. If you live close to a new one, probably nice to have...I'm an hour away and have learned not to bother

Bigcountry40

I've been disappointed with the increase in Cabela's stores...such as Polaris. Selection is very disappointing, and you go in expecting Dundee, and you walk ou wishing you had just ordered online. If you live close to a new one, probably nice to have...I'm an hour away and have learned not to bother

I feel like a lot of sporting good stores are starting to do this. I don't know maybe my expectation are to high. I went to the bass pro in toledo a few years ago and wanted to buy a quality open face sprinning real for $20-$25 with a gift card I wanted to use up and I was completely disappointed, I think I found 1 reel. Your store is named after a the most popular sporting fish for crying out loud. If I want s cent control clothing, I wait till Febuary when everything is 50%, if I want just regular camo Walmart is my destination. For specific item I use sportsmans guide or amazon, sometimes dunhams. I have given up on Dicks, Bass Pro, any of the major stores.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I REALLY like having a store so close. Order online, pick up in store. It makes sense really. There is so much more that I buy there now that they have a location here.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I almost never go to the cabelas stores anymore, and I'm only an hour from Dundee. Online ordering for me. My time is more valuable than the little amount I pay for shipping, even though most of the time I get free shipping.