Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Foster Parent Now

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Went to the Beach TOO day with "Da J Man" He was a little scared of the big waves but then he got into it with me. What a blessing to have him. He and I went fishing again yesterday and I had to have him back at 2:00 so he could see him actual Mom. Broke our hearts after 30 minutes she walked out on him.

Beach.jpg

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Yeah hes had a shitty past, but you guys are making his future very bright. Hopefully he is too young to remember all of this when he is older.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Good stuff Jeff! Such a shame that his blood mom is a piece of shit. IMO those visits are doing more harm than good, hopefully for his sake they stop.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Oh hell ya, when he gets a little older, he already wants TOO go. He wants to shoot my Red Ryder BB gun and wants to have a deer mount in his bed room, lol

Wmiller07

This has been a really great thread and kudos to you and your wife for doing this. That kid is having the time of his life. As for the mom what a piece of crap. Woman or not, crap like that makes me want to backhand her right across the face. And as for the hunting take him dove hunting. Lots of shooting and he can be your dog and fetch the birds. I'm sure he would love that.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Feel free to call me anytime Jeff. If you need to vent, if you have any questions. . . Anything. We weren't foster parents, but we have legal guardianship of Geoffrey. Been through some similar stuff. It can drive you crazy.

Mom shows up for visits- messes with his head. Mom doesn't show up- messes with his head. Shows up but leaves early- messes with his head. We have been there and done that. I hope he didn't have too much trauma in his life. (And I am not prying or even asking, just hope he hasn't.) I will say, G has two younger siblings who were also removed. One was little more than an infant. All three kids have some issues relating to the start of their lives. Not saying this will be the case with your little man. I hope it is not. You may want to prepare for it though. Some of the stuff makes zero sense. Kid is acting odd? Look back a few days or even a week. Often times it is something they have been stewing on a few days. I am FAR from an expert, but we did a buttload of counseling with G. To be truthful, better than 50% of all the counseling is NOT for the child but it is for us to learn how to help the child deal with their past. The counselor sees them an hour or two per week. We have them all day and night. The counselors will give you and your wife the tools to help him progress (if he does any counseling.)