Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

the rut question

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
The rut happens at night now. Deer have evolved due to the growing pressure of hunters. I blame it mostly on the acorn cruncher, deer view mirror, buck bombs, and ozonics!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
The rut happens at night now. Deer have evolved due to the growing pressure of hunters. I blame it mostly on the acorn cruncher, deer view mirror, buck bombs, and ozonics!
Can't forget about the Primos deer droppins' and the scent free gum either. Those 2 right there have probably accounted for several booners.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Can't forget about the Primos deer droppins' and the scent free gum either. Those 2 right there have probably accounted for several booners.

Guess I missed the bandwagon on the Primos Deer Droppings. Gonna have to google them. Wonder if I can get a discount if I buy in bulk...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Guess I missed the bandwagon on the Primos Deer Droppings. Gonna have to google them. Wonder if I can get a discount if I buy in bulk...
Walmart had them on their bargain rack a while back, I bought them out. I'll hook you up at Stroud's and we'll both kill booners this year.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The fake trees,dont forget your fake treecoy Flutey!
And Chad all my KY disappeared when u and Rick went to the gay bar at Mingo!:pickle::pickle:

Attachments

• 0722162046a.jpg
    0722162046a.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 150

antiqucycle

East Ohio
According to the commission, hunters took 119,260 antlered deer in the 2014-15 seasons, a decrease of about 11 percent from 2013-14, and 184,713 antlerless deer, a decrease of about 16 percent from 2013-14.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
According to the commission, hunters took 119,260 antlered deer in the 2014-15 seasons, a decrease of about 11 percent from 2013-14, and 184,713 antlerless deer, a decrease of about 16 percent from 2013-14.
So you're telling me the acorn cruncher doesn't work. Tell me it ain't so...

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Those gimmicks crack me up! But have u seen the HECS clothing? That is the real deal. Now u can just walk up on the deer since they can't see your electromagnetic waves. Order yours today, beat the rush!!

jlane

dunn nc
boys, youll ain,t right,hard hitting on each other, so i guess i,ll get a buck decoy-- drill a hole in his ass and lude it up with ky and get ready. lmao

Bigcountry40

so glad I opened this thread, I hunted mostly eastern ohio big timber last year, and seen very little rut activity last year if I remember correctly I would have to check my journal log. I was always waiting for a cold front to come in where we had a massive drop in temp and never got it, I remember sweating a lot

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
so glad I opened this thread, I hunted mostly eastern ohio big timber last year, and seen very little rut activity last year if I remember correctly I would have to check my journal log. I was always waiting for a cold front to come in where we had a massive drop in temp and never got it, I remember sweating a lot

I hunt NE Ohio as well and had the same results... No buck activities during the day....