Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

the rut question

jlane

dunn nc
when did you guys see the most chasing last year,- I didn,t see a full blown rut just a somewhat trickle rut, With the best activity the first week of november

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
My opinion ...Warm temps last yr killed a lot of the visible rutting activity . And by the time cooler temps rolled in most big deer were on lockdown.

Hunt the first week of Nov , hope for average or cool temps ...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My bucks tend to just gather together and masturbate. I definitely need more does at my place.

Hahahaha! I have heard a lot of answers in regards to questions like this. This comment was a first. I wasn't expecting it out of you Dick! That made me laugh out loud!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Last season was the best rut activity I've ever seen. The best activity was the second week of November for sure. It all took place in a winter wheat field and small adjoining woods.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Pennsylvania has 10 times the number of antlered bucks as youi must see at least 3 points per side and the brow tine does not count. All the monster bucks in ohio were killed last by poachers from New Jersey who paid big money to lease the best properties and conceal their cheating ways like in the dark with assault rifles.

Plan to hit th4e Allegheny National Forest in northern Pa if you want antlers.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Pennsylvania has 10 times the number of antlered bucks as youi must see at least 3 points per side and the brow tine does not count. All the monster bucks in ohio were killed last by poachers from New Jersey who paid big money to lease the best properties and conceal their cheating ways like in the dark with assault rifles.

Plan to hit th4e Allegheny National Forest in northern Pa if you want antlers.
That's gotta be the most far fetched bullshit I've ever heard!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
LMAO Dick!!!

Not much rutting action seen by me the last few years. Kinda of a silent or quiet rut with just catching a mature deer between does the last few years by being in a great pinch set up. One was 11/5 and Karissa's was 11/20. Saw lots of chasing the year before last on 11/4 the day before I encountered the big 8 though.

Last edited: