Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason... continued

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We were skunked tonight. I think that is the first time this season. I think I may go hunting in the morning. Mason is back after Tines or nothing. I am not. I'm going to shoot something if a decent buck gives me a solid opportunity, at least that's what I'm saying now.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Had a fun hunt in Fayette county today. Saw 12 deer and four coyotes. One good buck before sunrises and another 135" 10. Also saw a dink. Big fun, no mess.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I saw ten in one morning a few years back. There are plenty of yotes around.
We hunted the bottom blind tonight. Saw four. Three antlerless and a two year old half rack. I'm going back to Fayette in the morning.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks!
I had a fun hunt this morning. I saw a total of 13 deer. Three bucks, one of which really, really got my attention. I was busy dealing with work crap via my phone when he popped out and did not get the video camera on him soon enough... you will just have to take my word on it, this one is a good one and I'd be happy to haul him home.

I have not run trail cams on this farm for many years. We used to run BECs up there and honestly, I like not knowing what I'm going to see as I always see good ones there anyway. I have seen far more "shooter" bucks on this property than I have anywhere in Ohio. I've hunted two mornings this year, and have seen two I'm sure I'd shoot and another that is one of the prettiest young tens I've ever seen and would likely score 135 or so. Im glad he didn't give me an opportunity as it would have hurt to pass him, he is that pretty! So yesterday after my hunt I ran to town and bought a Primos cam as the landowner and I were talking about "big" deer. I told him he would be surprised by what roams his property. I put it over a scrape. Last night a coyote, young 8 and a doe visited the scrape. I gotta be honest, so far, I'm really impressed with this little cam...

Here is a pic of me trying to figure out if the cam works and a doe doing the same...

Attachments

• 10240003.jpg
    10240003.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 10250034.jpg
    10250034.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 100