Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Red's Cam Pics 2016

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Sp I finally got some more apples and Pears out last Friday. This guy showed up on Saturday. I believe he is the same buck as the next pic, which was from last year. He has some of the same characteristics, like the G-2, and just look really similar. But it would appear that he doesnt have near the tine length this year, but did grow that flier near the left brow tine. So what do you think? Same deer that went down hill, or different, younger deer?

This guy showed up yesterday at Noon

Then these Guys showed up at one of my Wood County Properties. Maybe about 15 minute drive from Mikes property aroun Tontogeny

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Left main beam seems to have a different curve to it. I'm not sure it is the same buck. Pretty similar though.

The double drop is sweet!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That DD buck is a dandy Ryan!

DK for sure about the other deer being the same but I'm leaning more toward it is the same. I've seen beams and racks change, either flip flop tines,drops come or go and bucks from 8's to 10's then back to an 8. Seen forks go from one side to the other as well as drop tines. There's enough of similarities on the right sides to make you wonder as they look very close but I think the deers face looks very similar as well. Both have a long snout TOO.

I'm not saying 100% the same but I'm prolly 75%.

Last edited:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Thats where Im at, about 75%. If you look at the angle the left brow tines go on both bucks too. Ugh, guess it's a shooter for me regardless. I know the bigger one survived last year. He broke his left main beam during the rut. I seen him across the street a couple times in Late winter.