Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Am I wrong for doi g this.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm in company of take camera and leave note with phone number to set up meeting to return it and find out who this person is and what their intentions are and if they had permission to put camera there. Also if they saw your camera and thought they'd infringe on you anyway.

Otherwise, if you left the camera and just left the note they'd be gone and you'd never find out any of the info I listed above.

Deer hunting is as popular as it ever was or will be and access is getting extremely difficult to find and expensive! It will get much worse as opening day gets closer!

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Id take it and leave a note like others said. Makes you wonder if they put more cameras up on your property.

I cant believe someone would put such a high dollar camera on property that they don't have permission.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
one year i hung a stand on a farm
went to get it and it was gone with a note
the guy who took the stand then explained to me and my buddy that he had bought that small piece off the farm I had permission to hunt. The land was bought on some back ass deal, so I had not idea. Not sure it even showed on my map, and the farmer never told us.
I got the stand back, apologized to the owner and all was well. It was a misunderstanding.
I would do as the other said, and figure out why the heck they would have thought it was ok to hang a camera there.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Well I did some investigating this morning called mossy oak properties it wasn't there's so I called the other realtor which is friends with my wife and she said yeah another realtor showed it and they guy asked if he could put a cam up to see if it was worth buying I told her she should of told me since she knows we are the only ones with permission and told her I have it and the guy can pick it up anytime.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
No good pics just coons. I know the property is gonna sell at some point I hunt all around it to so I plan on trying to keep peace with whoever buys it. He should be mad at the realtor they had no right to let him do it. And he was there by himself so the owner is not happy and said so he was trespassing basically. He already didn't sell it to someone because they got a little nasty with my dad when my dad asked them if we could still hunt and cut wood if they bought it.