Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2016 Pics

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Boy was this thread buried! It's been a shitty summer fellas. Limited time to run cams and limited action. This is the worst summer for me since 2007. Thankfully I'm not going to be quite as picky this fall. This first buck is a good target for my wife if she gets to hunt, or a buddy of mine who is a new hunter. And if no one kills him, he'll be a good one next year.

Now this buck, I might just shoot. Time will tell...

This buck is the one I let walk last fall at the farm. He's for sure getting shot if given a chance. This is exactly the kind of deer I have let walk a good two dozen times only to disappear, get shot next door, get his by a car or grow to 4, tease me and then disappear, get shot next door or get his by a car...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Nice update Jesse. That eight is nice, but based on the angle, I would give him a pass. He has potential to be something special.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nice looking deer, Jesse! It will be nice to hear you say, "I should have let him walk"...as you pull his dead backstraps from the bone. Good luck!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nice update Jesse. That eight is nice, but based on the angle, I would give him a pass. He has potential to be something special.
This what I keep telling myself. He's got potential written all over him. Unfortunately there's been a few developments out there that make it even more difficult to let these deer walk. It's just not in the cards any more feel...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I always love checking cams when there is a chance for cool pics on my birthday. I've had better checks in that regard, but this one is near the top. Any day time movement of a deer I am considering shooting is good by me!

I love this pic. He's standing at 8 steps under my favorite set on the whole farm. He's been bedding somewhere to the west of our place and is headed that direction. The picture of him walking away from the cam on 8/28 that a posted last week is in a spot on the ridge above this creek bottom and about 125 yards E of where he's standing in the creek. When I encountered him last year, he came from the W and I'm pretty sure I know roughly where he likes to bed. I feel this deer is going to be fairly visible this year. Time will tell, but I expect to see him before November rolls around...