Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Introducing Slick

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well Jamie, my 9th grade daughter is in love with Slick. I showed her the pics. Her reply: "I just want to squeeze his little cheeks. And rub his little ears. And feel his paws. . . And squeeze him and hug him. . . He looks like a little stuffed animal!" Then I interup her with "QUIT! You know I hate it when you talk in your 'puppy dog voice' like your mom does." Lmao

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Well Jamie, my 9th grade daughter is in love with Slick. I showed her the pics. Her reply: "I just want to squeeze his little cheeks. And rub his little ears. And feel his paws. . . And squeeze him and hug him. . . He looks like a little stuffed animal!" Then I interup her with "QUIT! You know I hate it when you talk in your 'puppy dog voice' like your mom does." Lmao

LMAO. They know how to work you.

Jamie

Ohio
puppies are all cute for a very good reason. few, if any, would make it to adulthood if they weren't so damn cute. even "good" pups try your patience for a few months. on the other hand, training progress comes almost daily at this stage of the game if you are working on it. they are learning every minute they aren't snoozing.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Man I just caught this thread... Awesome pup jamie. are we gonna train him to spot quill backs?

Jamie

Ohio
he's doing quite well. one of the orneriest dogs I've ever had. he's been here 4 week yesterday. I haven't had much time to keep this thread up between work, garden and dog training, but he's making progress in leaps and bounds. too early for him to show treeing instincts, but he is very much at home in the woods. I took him with me when I went to pick mushrooms on Saturday. he ran around and did lots of sniffing and exploring, but stayed with me really well. was hoping we might see a squirrel or two, but no such luck. I think he's doubled in size in a month. growing like a weed.

Jamie

Ohio
he's not too sure about the water yet, but he likes to retrieve, and does a good job bringing it back to me once or twice before his attention span runs out. he's pretty much trained to the invisible fence, which makes life a whole lot easier as we can leave him outside safely without constant supervision. he's gotten over his hatred for the leash. he enjoys hassling the cat, who tries to act like he doesn't like the attention. he likes to eat dried out squirrel tails with Lefty, too. they sure do change fast at this age. he's getting some legs under him now, and is starting to show a bit of a chest. those damned floppy ass hound dog ears have got to go, though, lol. hoping his head grows into them. ain't no bowlegged, floppy eared, hound lookin', Busher bred Cur dogs allowed in this pack.:smiley_armscrossed: :smile:

July 4, July 29
1.jpg7-29-16.jpg

enjoying a squirrel tail snack
IMG_0618.jpgIMG_0602.JPG

the bronze/gray color starting to show on top of his head is the color he will likely wind up being.