Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First post

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow!! You have some real dandies showing up already! Good luck with them!

Welcome to TOO! What's your name or what name do ya like to go by?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Thanks for the warm Ohio welcome guys!
xbowguy - no, I do not know any Cattrans. I'm not from the actual town of Belmont, but rather Belmont county (St. C is my hometown).
I'll keep you posed on these 3, and will add some more when they show up. We had several other deer on the farm that made it through last season that should be dandies this fall.

I used to stay in St. C a couple weeks every summer. I still turkey hunt there on occasion.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Thanks for the warm Ohio welcome guys!
xbowguy - no, I do not know any Cattrans. I'm not from the actual town of Belmont, but rather Belmont county (St. C is my hometown).
I'll keep you posed on these 3, and will add some more when they show up. We had several other deer on the farm that made it through last season that should be dandies this fall.

I graduated from St. C in 1990. Hunted all over...Fairpoint, Maynard, Glencoe, Shephardstown....

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
As for the buck in my avatar, I was fortunate enough (or maybe lucky is the better word) to take him with my bow last November. He was a deer we knew well (6.5 yr old) and had named him 'The Joker'. I shot him on 11/2 at 3:20 in the afternoon. It was about 75 degrees out that day, but the yearling doe he was after had him up on his feet! It was great to finally seal the deal on him! We also have 3 years worth of his sheds. He taped at 196'ish. He had his largest set of antlers when he was 4.5 (guessing 205 or so from his sheds).

Schu72 - I graduated in 88, I'm sure we know some of he same people.

Last edited:

joejoe8

Welcome! an you have some awesome bucks to hunt. I put in for zone 4 in Iowa this year so hopefully I draw.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
As for the buck in my avatar, I was fortunate enough (or maybe lucky is the better word) to take him with my bow last November. He was a deer we knew well (6.5 yr old) and had named him 'The Joker'. I shot him on 11/2 at 3:20 in the afternoon. It was about 75 degrees out that day, but the yearling doe he was after had him up on his feet! It was great to finally seal the deal on him! We also have 3 years worth of his sheds. He taped at 196'ish. He had his largest set of antlers when he was 4.5 (guessing 205 or so from his sheds).

WHOA!!! Congrats!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
as for the buck in my avatar, i was fortunate enough (or maybe lucky is the better word) to take him with my bow last november. He was a deer we knew well (6.5 yr old) and had named him 'the joker'. I shot him on 11/2 at 3:20 in the afternoon. It was about 75 degrees out that day, but the yearling doe he was after had him up on his feet! It was great to finally seal the deal on him! We also have 3 years worth of his sheds. He taped at 196'ish. He had his largest set of antlers when he was 4.5 (guessing 205 or so from his sheds).

Schu72 - i graduated in 88, i'm sure we know some of he same people.

congratulations!!!!!!

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
A few recent pics of the one with the flyer. Looks like his flyer is getting a flyer! I just hope he doesn't break it off.....
The other two dropped off the radar over the past couple weeks.

IMG_0246.jpgIMG_0245.jpgIMG_0199.jpgIMG_0172.jpg