Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My 2015 Recurve Buck

longbowlogan

Hey guys I just signed up on here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Logan I'm 27 and I live in central Ohio, I hunt with traditional gear and have done so on and off for the last 10 years. I've killed around 10-15 deer with Trad gear and even a few hogs from South Carolina and Georgia. Here's my buck I shot last year with my Schafer Silvertip recurve at 37 yards with a complete passthrough! He grossed 161" and is my biggest buck I've ever killed so far, I'll have fun trying to out do myself this coming season!

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to TOO Logan! I saw your thread of this deer on AT awhile back and posted on it! That's quite an accomplishment with trad gear!!!
Congratulations on putting such a beautiful massive mature deer on the ground!

Hope you stick around as you'll find this is a great hunting forum filled with great people who all share the same passion and love of the outdoors! Welcome again!

longbowlogan

Thanks! I picked the piece of driftwood up in Georgia while I was hog hunting in February. This looks like a great forum and look forward to sharing info with everyone.

longbowlogan

I shot my buck with a 60" 57@27 Schafer, 340 Easton axis and a Grizzly Kodiak 300 grain single bevel broadhead. Arrow was around 620 grains. My setup right now is my other Schafer Silvertip that's 60" 65lbs with a 340 Gold Tip micro diameter Kinetic Pierce arrow and 300gr Tuffhead Meathead. That arrow setup has 3 3" parabolic feathers and weighs 600gr.