Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How do you view your trail camera photos?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Have been thinking about getting one of these for my iPhone. I have one of the Wild Game Innovations readers right now but really like the idea of having the pics I want right on my phone.
That's what I have now. Does yours ever restart itself if you have an SD card in it with a ton of pics?

OhioHunter88

Perry County
I just picked up a new card reader to use with my phone.The Andriod version of the Bone View. It works really well minus the fact it will not read our cams video codec...so that's an issue but works great with pics. They are relatively cheap on Amazon around $20. I actually like this better than the media streamer I was using last year, minus the codec issue. The Bone View uploads pics much faster than the media streamer and allows me to scroll through the thumb images before selecting a viewing individual photos. If I remember correctly the media streamer loaded individual photos so trying to view a large number of images became a hassle. I think most guys would really like this thing!

I have one for my android phone but it is a pain to use since you have to click images individually. I found a pretty cool product on Instagram I'm thinking about giving a try, they sell a card reader that connects to your phone wirelessly and then you open their app and view images.. its made by Darko Innovations.

Isaacorps

Columbus
I have the Bone View for iPhone. Haven't had it for that long but it works great so far. I love being able to check the cards right in the woods and save what I want and delete what I don't

OO2

In the Uplands
I take a chrome-book mini laptop out in the woods with me. It's small enough to pack in. It's nice to be able to view the pics, copy the folder and move it from the sd to desk top then put the card back in the camera.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've always used my phone to view pics. I also keep a 64gb memory card in my phone and transfer all my pics straight to my phone. Then I sort through them and delete 95% of them. LOL. I've got all my saved pics ranging back to 2011 on my phone.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I've always used my phone to view pics. I also keep a 64gb memory card in my phone and transfer all my pics straight to my phone. Then I sort through them and delete 95% of them. LOL. I've got all my saved pics ranging back to 2011 on my phone.
My phone doesn't take an SD card. I can still save and share pics with this though.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I bought an apple one for my iphone. Works great. Bought it for camp since I never take a computer with me.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...d=aos-us-kwgo-pla-btb-slid--product-MJYT2AM/A

I just bought this little gadget last night. I had to down load the latest Apple OSI 9.3.4 to get my phone to support it. Very cool and easy to use and import my video's and pics.......but I'm having problems getting my video's to play after the import process. I tap the play > and get a nano 1/8 of a second of movement then it freezes just like a pic but at the bottom of the screen it shows the video is playing as it passes each individual cel.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I just bought this little gadget last night. I had to down load the latest Apple OSI 9.3.4 to get my phone to support it. Very cool and easy to use and import my video's and pics.......but I'm having problems getting my video's to play after the import process. I tap the play > and get a nano 1/8 of a second of movement then it freezes just like a pic but at the bottom of the screen it shows the video is playing as it passes each individual cel.

Anyone know what the problem might be?
Download VLC video player.

mitch_foster15

Geauga
I just picked up a stealthcam brand card reader(you dont have to have a stealthcam game camera for it to be compatible). I personally have it for my iphone but they have an android compatible one as well. For those who complain about speed this loads very quickly and you can even save photos straight to your phone, or delete them on your phone off of the card. For 20 bucks at wally world i have no complaints. I pull a card and switch it out, then im able to get away from my camera sight to minimize having my scent around and look at them at a different part of the property. Once hunting season begins i can have a way to view the pictures in my stand to see if anything has shown up and/or know what to expect at what time.