Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Montana Whitetail Archery Hunt

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I checked online today and saw that I was drawn for my deer tag in Montana, so I will be hunting the Shields River area north of Bozeman September 24-October 1. I have always wanted to do a Montana river bottom hunt for whitetails. 160"-170" is possible but it looks like I can expect 130"-140". I probably should have tried for an elk/deer combo but I am paying for a wedding the weekend before so money is a little tight. Now I need to attempt to draw my compound bow, something I have not tried since my fall. I hope that I am able to but I'm not confident enough to try it yet.

The website for the outfitter is www.montanawhitetails.com. I may just get a one way ticket if the area is as beautiful as the pictures.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Great news. Expect to be awed by the country.

I worked as a guide in Idaho right out of high school. I have not had the chance to go back out since 1986. I am really looking forward to this trip. I know how beautiful it is! Unfortunately, none of my buddies were able to swing the trip so I will be going alone.

teej89

NE PA
congrats man! I was applying for a job in Missoula... GF shot that one down... :smiley_blackeye:

If you're ever interested in a montana elk/deer combo, lemme know! I'm looking to do a rifle/archery OTC hunt in MT in 2017, I'm booked w/ CO rifle elk and potentially(fingers crossed) NM archery elk for 2016.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
congrats man! I was applying for a job in Missoula... GF shot that one down... :smiley_blackeye:

If you're ever interested in a montana elk/deer combo, lemme know! I'm looking to do a rifle/archery OTC hunt in MT in 2017, I'm booked w/ CO rifle elk and potentially(fingers crossed) NM archery elk for 2016.

Missoula was a beautiful area...30 years ago, lol. There's other girls.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Just over 6 weeks away from my hunt. I'm starting to get excited. This trip is way overdo. Can anyone give me some info on if the regular old bow case is good to travel with or do you need a special case?