Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hoyts 2016 Outdoors Relief

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well got a mineral site put in down at the ridge. Just used Jesse's recipe and made one large site. All 200lb. in one spot. I should get plenty of pics as it's right on a major travel route through the property

Got the area cleared off and churned up a little bit.

100 lb. of stock salt, 50 lb. of trace minerals, and 50 lb. of di-cal phosphate.

Should get some action throughout the season.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Yes I have, nothing strong to show from the trail camera yet though. When I hung the camera. I didn't think about the batteries that where in it where the ones I put in it at the half way point of season last year. The batteries only lasted three days but gave me 543 pics.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Holy cow, it's been all summer and I haven't really done shit. Back in July I went to check the camera. Wouldn't you know that the SD card wasn't formatted right so I had zero pics. The good part is they where tearing up the minerals. Erased the card and left.

Last week got to go back. I moved a stand to to a part of the property that I've never really hunted. Its a lot closer to the road than I've ever really liked. We will see what happens. Checked the camera, and hot diggity dog. 9832 pics. The one thing that got me was it said time lapse. Here it ran 2 schedules, 1 from 6-9 am, and another from 4-7 pm. Snapping a pic every 10 seconds!!! What I had was 2 mornings and 2 evenings of nothing. So goes life.

There is still solid sign of them hitting the minerals. They have it dug up real good. I did get a few pics of some does with fawns and one small fork horned buck.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I think it was my mistake, I changed some settings so I'll check it here soon and see if it's the camera or me. I still have a stand I need to adjust. I know it's late but I just haven't had the time.