Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

EHD prevention

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'll admit to not watching it because I guarantee its bullshit. EHD is a virus, there is no vaccine. Farm raised deer who have the finest nutrition are still at risk. The only way to help control EHD is midge control which isn't practice in the wild.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Is that a joke? They've been selling out for years! I haven't watched anything from them since I seen them push the fake tree.
Sadly, they are probably one of the last decent shows that give any kind of educational talk on the outdoor channel. At least I learn something every once in a while from watching them.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Is that a joke? They've been selling out for years! I haven't watched anything from them since I seen them push the fake tree.

why is the fake tree a scam? They are taking advantage of an oppurtunity to make money. I saw Mark Drury use a real tree the year before to promote rubs and scrapes where he wanted, it worked so MAD calls offers him X amount of dollars to promote a fake one. Sure it'll still work, and there are a lot of guys who will buy it. I don't see that as a negative.

I agree with Chad they are some of the only guys who are atleast promoting whitetail mgt on their own properties! This product is very questionable but I am sure there is some reason they feel it "might" help make a deers immune system stronger. All of this of course in impossible to prove in a wild deer herd, so anything can really be said it might do something....well because it might! To many variables!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They use it, so apparently they believe in it. You wouldn't catch me spending the money on one or using one though.

Ha. That's not how it works in the hunting industry. They use it because the check didn't bounce.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They use it, so apparently they believe in it. You wouldn't catch me spending the money on one or using one though.
Doesn't mean they believe in it. If a company paid them enough they would wear hot pink camo and sell it to their customers as "the next great thing."

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I am with Chad on this one.

You guys must hate every athlete ever. Every single one is a sell out because he drank Gatorade or Powerade, it gave the perception that it will increase a normal guys physical ability but lets be real, it doesn't. Since we are talking deer hunting and we all have our own egos involved we SLAM every single personality every chance we can, and that to me is wrong.

I have only ever heard good things about the Drury's seem like down to earth, family people, who love to hunt! They work/hunt their own farms and produce big deer year in and out! I am not saying they are perfect people but I believe they are some darn good ones to be representing us hunters. If they make some money of the "once a year hunters" because they buy a fake tree, then so be it.

ok maybe I am just too tired!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Well said, Al. It's also one of the only shows left on the outdoor channel where a guy can learn something.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am with Chad on this one.

You guys must hate every athlete ever. Every single one is a sell out because he drank Gatorade or Powerade, it gave the perception that it will increase a normal guys physical ability but lets be real, it doesn't. Since we are talking deer hunting and we all have our own egos involved we SLAM every single personality every chance we can, and that to me is wrong.

I have only ever heard good things about the Drury's seem like down to earth, family people, who love to hunt! They work/hunt their own farms and produce big deer year in and out! I am not saying they are perfect people but I believe they are some darn good ones to be representing us hunters. If they make some money of the "once a year hunters" because they buy a fake tree, then so be it.

ok maybe I am just too tired!

There a big difference between drinking gatoraid and wearing nike. And pimping plastic trees and animal pharmaceuticals for animal disease to DIY veterinarian work.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What's the diy vet work and animal pharmaceuticals all about?

An animal supplement that makes claims it may help prevent animals from contracting EHD. That's like me saying "If you take vitamin C it may help prevent you from getting aids*

*These claims have not been evaluated by the FDA. Vitamin C is not intended to treat, prevent, or cure any disease.