Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Expired Token

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
" Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.
Please push the back button and reload the previous window."

Joe, I keep getting this on my G6 phone. It never was a problem before.

Whats up? Can you help?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
When does it happen? Like are you actively browsing. The only time I've ever seen it is when coming back to a page after leaving it open for a long long time and then trying to post without reloading the page.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
It a link saved on my phone. I hit the site a couple times a day when out at work.
I open up the phone and hit the bookmark saved.
It worked last week when I was home but now I'm in the patch and just want to check in. It comes up after I hit the link at the top of your page for "new posts"

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Yes. I just cleared it and re-saved it...
I need my TOO Joe. hep me.lol
I can see other pages on here. It just wont show me "new posts"

Last edited:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Sorry

www.theohiooutdoors.com/forum.php

from there I click on the "new posts" link at the top left and I get the "your submission could not be processed because the token has expired. please push the back button and reload the previous window."

So I hit the back button and it takes me back to the link above. Hitting "new posts" takes my phone back to the error message.

Its not a problem with a lap or desk top. Just something new with my iPhone.
Version 9.2.1

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'll see what I can do. Intermittent issues like this are usually the result of the browser cache in the users end. Do me a favor. When you open the link hit refresh on that page before hitting new post. See what that does.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Joe- Tried that after reading your post. Still gives me the error message. ( picnic probably)

J- Just yesterday. Thanks for your imput.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I need to find a moment to dig in to it buddy. Can you change your bookmark to the homepage? Basically take off the /forum.php.

I suspect what's happening is your browser is caching the bookmarked page and not reloading the page. So it's using an old copy of the page for which the token has expired. Which makes sense why it would work after you click something that reloads the page.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Bro, can't you Google it on your phone and go in from there? That's what I was doing when I was sitting in the tree stand. Maybe there is more TOO it then that, just a thought.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Bro, can't you Google it on your phone and go in from there? That's what I was doing when I was sitting in the tree stand. Maybe there is more TOO it then that, just a thought.

Could. But to his point you should be able to bookmark the site and load it that way. The problem is these browser people keep changing how they load sites without considering a lot of sites use login tokens. What I have to figure out how to do is add some code that tells those browsers not to cache the page but reload it.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Thanks for your time on this Joe.
I'll try bookmarking the home page and see.This is something that has just come up in the last month. Always worked fine before.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
What happens if you just type in the URL into the browser?

I go to the site but its laid out differently w/ bright green colors and no "new post" option. Clicking on the "full site" button at the bottom gets me to the old familiar layout >forum > new posts and it take me right back to the token message.