Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

eagle beans

at1010

*Supporting Member*
any of you all plant these? I have heard really great things on the tonnage they produce.

My questions is which ones did you plant?
1. Large Lad
2. Wildlife managers mix (this has a couple different varieties)

this picture below is a field I grew last year that was just regular AG RR beans. I can't imagine eagle willl do much better? IMG_0832.JPG

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Grant Woods pops a boner over these beans. If you haven't checked his videos out on them I'd do so. They sound legit.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Grant Woods pops a boner over these beans. If you haven't checked his videos out on them I'd do so. They sound legit.

you mean growing deer tv? On every Monday for over 300 episodes? hahah yea buddy I watch his show, and I like a lot of what he preaches.

From research I have done it seems, and makes sense to me that these beans do the following
1. grow faster, and continue to grow even when heavily browsed vs. AG beans that wouldn't
2. produce more tonnage overall and more bean pods vs. ag beans
3. hold the bean pods on later and don't shatter like ag beans would do.

Now the two different varieties has me a bit confused and thats why I was wondering what everyone in Ohio is using.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They are legit. Been planting them for three years. Wildlife Managers Mix. They are expensive, but everything about them is superior to regular ag beans... Stay green WAY longer, more leaf tonnage, thicker, fuller, taller, and are incredibly browse-tolerant. I've planted them side by side with ag beans for the last three years and every year the results are the same.

We had another thread about these a while back. I think I posted a few pics but I can't remember.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
They are legit. Been planting them for three years. Wildlife Managers Mix. They are expensive, but everything about them is superior to regular ag beans... Stay green WAY longer, more leaf tonnage, thicker, fuller, taller, and are incredibly browse-tolerant. I've planted them side by side with ag beans for the last three years and every year the results are the same.

We had another thread about these a while back. I think I posted a few pics but I can't remember.

i probably started it as I can't keep track of all the information in my head at times hahaha. Thank you for the clarification.

Have you ever used the Large Lad vs. MM?