Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fullbore and Finelsheddeds shed hunting adventures of 2016

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well, it's kinda late getting this started but it's been rough hoeing for me down here in the SW part of the state but Ron has had much better luck in the SE though. He's been texting me pics for a month or so now and Karissa and I finally started having some success starting the last couple weeks. My first shed found was a mate to my biggest shed found last spring! It was found 125 yards or so from where I found its mate last spring right after it dropped. Unfortunately the one I just found dropped in the field after greenup last year and got ran over by a tractor or something and got a fractured beam. I'm going to try and repair it some but here they are finally back together!

Here is where I found it.

This is a little one Karissa and I found last Saturday as we were quitting and heading back to the truck.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A couple weeks ago I jumped a red tail hawk off a fresh kill in a grownup weed field. It flew away with a foot length of a black snake and it's head. I found the rest of its body and it was still moving minutes later so I took a pic and some video. Here's a pic.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Also, the Friday before last Karissa found her very first deadhead. I contacted the county GW that moment and he got back with me Monday morning and stopped by our house that evening and gave us a permit for her deadhead and one I told him about last year or two. He was a very nice young man. Here is Karissa and her deadhead.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Today Karissa and I found 4 fresh sheds with Karissa finding her very first shed. Just before we left she found her second, a small one I walked over cuz I was focused 20-30 yards ahead! She made sure to point that out! Lol

Here are some pics of our great day!
Her very first shed find!!!

Here's my first shed find of the day.

An hour or two into the hunt and 3/4 of a mile from where Karissa found her first shed I spotted its mate in between us.

Someone is all smiles

Here's her second find of the day and the one I walked over.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is apparent: I have so work to do in order to catch up to the level of intensity you and Ron have.

Great pics Ric! Looks like Karissa is getting pretty ate up with it like her dad and uncle. That is great stuff! Congrats!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
The old shed proverb: "Miles for Piles".holds true. It takes an ass load of walking for me anyway to achieve piles. My usual tactic of driving my side by side in AG fields hasn't been as productive this year. Most of mine have been from hoofing it.
Shed hunting has become so popular, that I know people who are shed hunting, but don't even deer hunt?! So competition is my new adversary. I hope green up doesn't start soon with the warm weather headed our way this coming week.
Good luck everyone!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
The old shed proverb: "Miles for Piles".holds true. It takes an ass load of walking for me anyway to achieve piles. My usual tactic of driving my side by side in AG fields hasn't been as productive this year. Most of mine have been from hoofing it.
Shed hunting has become so popular, that I know people who are shed hunting, but don't even deer hunt?! So competition is my new adversary. I hope green up doesn't start soon with the warm weather headed our way this coming week.
Good luck everyone!
Social media is helping that, Ron. Everyone sees these pics of big sheds being found and think it's easy to find one, most of them probably look too early and spook the bucks off.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys!

I flew home from work(thanks to lite Sunday traffic) it bought Karissa and I twenty extra minutes of shed hunting before dark. We found our 7th of the year on our search back towards the truck.