Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Ghosts

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Spent most of the season hoping to see the buck we called bent brow. He seemed to spend most of his time on our property until the rut kicked in. It sucks when this happens but its not the first time and wont be the last. My buddy seen him at a local whitetail gathering and got some pictures for me. He was killed buy a neighbor 1/4 mile away on Nov. 15th. 1 - Copy.jpgBrow down - Copy.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What a frame!!! Hopefully his genes are well established in your area! At least now you know what happened to him!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
What a frame!!! Hopefully his genes are well established in your area! At least now you know what happened to him!

exactly. I had a buck I was hunting all year he was a pig 170s min, he vanished. I still have some hope but I think someone either hunted him or he got poached. It drives me crazy! I would love to just know what happened to him!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I know the feeling, I've had 2 big boys that have just up and vanished. Never heard of anyone killing them.

funny thing, I had a guy show me a picture of the buck I had on camera. He told me someone poached him the year before, I had the SOB on camera! hahaha makes you wonder what people just say sometimes.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Closure hurts but at least you know. I have a right property I hunt which seems to hold 2.5 to 3.5yr old bucks. Then they leave. I don't know why. It isn't hunted hard. Just blows my mind how they vanish.

jlane

dunn nc
mb. i dont want the location, just wanting to know if this is a deer i saw in dec, he was 30 yds from my truck could have shot him out the window with bow, watched him for 15 min, can you private message me with county,

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Sucks man , happens a lot unfortunately . Only so many big deer to go around so many times multiple people on multiple properties are chasing the same deer . Least ya know . Hopefully next time your the one breaking the neighbors hearts

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
mb. i dont want the location, just wanting to know if this is a deer i saw in dec, he was 30 yds from my truck could have shot him out the window with bow, watched him for 15 min, can you private message me with county,

In the original post he said it was killed Nov 15 ....Since you mentioned Dec I'd say its a different deer