Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds Hunt 2016 - Pick a Date

Which weekend for Strouds...

• October 7-8-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October 14-15-16

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • October 21-22-23

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I'm a loser and won't make it regardless of date...

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Getting to be that time of year again and we need to pick a date for Strouds. I'll toss out three options and leave voting open through Monday, then we'll pick a date.

October 7-8-9: A little earlier than our traditional weekend.

October 14-15-16: Our traditional weekend.

October 21-22-23: A little later with the possibility of cooler weather and more acorns on the ground.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm for earlier as my sons wedding is the 29th of October down in SC... Not sure what's going too be going on later in the month.... But if I can make the later date I'll be there, if not post lots of pictures lol

Bigcountry40

The 4th choice for voting made me chuckle a little. I am really going to try to make it this year, screw my nieces fuggin birthday party!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
It doesn't really matter to me except for the fact that I damn near froze my royal rastafarrian ne ne's off last year. Sounds like I should try and bunk with Chad and Jesse. As long as the window gets shut.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
It doesn't really matter to me except for the fact that I damn near froze my royal rastafarrian ne ne's off last year. Sounds like I should try and bunk with Chad and Jesse. As long as the window gets shut.
I think we'll make sure the window is shut this year!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

ROTFLMAO. I remember that! Lol

Look, I'll say it right now! Whenever Beener and his awesome smoker on wheels can be there is just fine by me! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, Rick and Joys cobblers!!!! :pickle:

Soooooooooo, Charles and Rick, y'all need to pin this date down and let us work out scheduling around that!!! rotflmao:smiley_coolpeace:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The later weekend works for me. Seems the early weekends had to many leaves on the trees and the underbrush was still really thick making it difficult to see very far in some places.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member

I will definitely be bringing the camper next time. Boy was I dumb for not taking it Las time. I will never make that mistake again. Lol.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville

After what Dustin told me, sounds good to me, lol.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Bump for Beener.

I called for the group camp and left a message. I realize now I never got a call back. I'll try again today. Still looking at October 21-23. If the group camp is reserved, Joe and I have looked at other options down there, so it'll still be a "Strouds-ish" fall gathering.