Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stark County late season GIANT!!!!!!!!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
So this thread starts out like this............

I know a guy who knows a guy!

I get woke up by a series of text that come through this morning. The wife wasn't very happy about it as it woke her up too. Well here the text are from a guy I know through work. Him and I have always talked hunting when we are around each other, and I even had him down to hunt the ridge once this past season. Anyways the series of text that came through was this.

Text 1.
IMG_7116.jpg

Text 2.
My buddy killed that last night!!!!!

Text 3.
IMG_7111.jpg

Text4.
IMG_7117.jpg

Text 5.
IMG957092.jpg

From what I can tell there is a possible 27 scorable points from these pics. I just cant get over the raw mass of this deer. Unfuggin believable for such a monarch to fall this late in the season.

I don't know any info as far as to what kind of equipment used or score or any real specifics but just happy to share.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Saw it on Facebook, a few guys mentioned that they had tc pics of it. Definitely a stud, alot of big deer have been coming out of stark county lately.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I believe the guy who killed it is Kaisers taxidermist.... Saw pictures of it this morning....

Edit: It was his taxidermist buddy (Dave Kopp) who'd shot it....

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
When I first saw the pics of this deer it moved.......it moved like it was 1999! Lol

The huge bases,overall huge frame and the number of abs really stand out to me! Wouldn't be surprised if it's 240+!

I change my original estimation to around 220. Lots of points but most are small.

Heck of a frame!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: giles

Qback5

Wow!!! Congrats to the hunter on the buck and for staying cool when this hoss approached! Re: body weight, I thought the same thing. No leaves on trees though, so likely rutting weight loss?

What a buck!

Bigcountry40

what a deer, and in February, wait till the southern boys see this picture, stark county will be all leased up.