Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Late Season Monarch

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Well I went after this big 10's sheds last weekend with no luck. My cousin drove by the area I had pics of this buck and found a dead buck with horns cut off yesterday. Literally less than 150 yds from where I had pics of this buck. Cut corn field right off a county road. Easy poaching. This had to of happened this week because I drove the 4 wheeler over every inch of the field and walked the woods. Don't know for sure it was him. But I'm guessin it was. Makes me sick.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Any poached deer pisses me off!!! Hope it wasn't him Marcus! Did they cut the antlers of seperately or wedge the skull plate out? Did you see the carcass?

Only a hunter would kill a deer like that and take the antlers. No wonder hunters in general are thought of like they are. Scumbags that would kill a deer like that out of season need to be drawn and quartered. I hate to see any deer go in this fashion. I sure hope it wasn't the majestic 10 point.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I hope it wasn't the big 10. Then again, I hate to hear of a poached deer no matter the size or gender. I get what Dick is saying, but I don't consider a poacher "a hunter" by any means. They are nothing more than poachers. That isn't hunting.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Any poached deer pisses me off!!! Hope it wasn't him Marcus! Did they cut the antlers of seperately or wedge the skull plate out? Did you see the carcass?

Where it was found makes it look like a shot from the road. Just horns cut off. I'm gonna ride over to check out the carcass tomorrow.