Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Late Season Monarch

Mao

Coshocton, OH
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Dropped some corn to try and shoot a doe at an over hunted, driven, pressured spot and look what shows up! The last place I would expect to find a good buck. My dad hung it up for the year, but he changed his tune real quick.

jlane

dunn nc
View attachment 41265View attachment 41266View attachment 41267

Dropped some corn to try and shoot a doe at an over hunted, driven, pressured spot and look what shows up! The last place I would expect to find a good buck. My dad hung it up for the year, but he changed his tune real quick.

dang, awesome buck, just goes to show that some bucks slips by the hunters,have you got any history with this buck, maybe he lives on neighboring property that dosent get pounded as much, defently one to watch if he dosent get killed, if its pressured i would;nt show the locals that pic, i would guess that scoring around mid to high 150,s

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
IMO, that toad is close to 170! He has everything! If your dad doesn't kill him I hope you're able to find those sheds Marcus! I figured him at 166" gross and I didn't give him anything. That's as clean and huge of 10 point that I've seen in awhile!

Good luck to pops!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
IMO, that toad is close to 170! He has everything! If your dad doesn't kill him I hope you're able to find those sheds Marcus! I figured him at 166" gross and I didn't give him anything. That's as clean and huge of 10 point that I've seen in awhile!

Good luck to pops!

Thanks Ric! I plan to keep corn there as long as he still showing to try and figure out when he sheds if dad doesn't kill him. I may attempt a shed trap of some sort.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
image.jpgimage.jpg

My dad has a good problem. This buck is showing in daylight and would be my dads biggest. I don't know if he will be able to let him walk if given the opportunity. He is planning to let him pass as of now. Also, it looks as if this buck may have been shot in no mans land already. My buddy said he saw a nice 8 that looked him about 3 weeks ago in this area. I think it must be the same deer.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I agree. That is a good problem to have. Two real nice deer. One "holy crap" nice deer. lmao