Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow shop trades?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Just because I am thinking about trading in one or both of my bows and buying a new rig.

Anyone have recommendations on a shop that takes trades? Do the screw you?

Normally i go to FIN but have read some negatives about them recently. Looking for smaller shop, well known good rep.

If this is a dumb idea don't be afraid to tell me that as well. Thanks!

runhunter

I don't think you'd get as much as you would a private sale, but it allows you a quick turn around. If whatever they give you for a trade isn't a whole lot lower, you may be ok with it. Depends on your situation. I'd at least see what they give ya, can't hurt to get a price then see what you can sell it for privately. Then go from there.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
That's what I'm thinking as well.

Any good shop suggestions. I will travel don't mind at all!

Flathead76

Athens
List them on archery talk in the classifieds. That should net you more money vs trading them in. Archery shops are there to turn a profit.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Do not take them to a shop. Archery talk or eBay. Unless you want to buy my elite

Man don't take it to trade. I remember well in 09 I was young and dumb. Spent $900 on a bowtech s.w.a.t with the octane package. When the new model came out a few months later my trade in value was $275. Still have my swat still love it. Won't spend that much again.

runhunter

I agree on not taking it to trade. I just didn't know how old the bows were, what make/model etc. Obviously a newer bow would do much better being listed on AT. If they are older models and it might take him a while to sell, and he wants a new one quick, then possibly an idea

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I'll post pictures of it. I'm not even sure what's fair. I was gunna post it for around 1500. It's loaded. I gotta start somewhere on it

I am not trying to be smart by any means, but no one is gonna pay close to $1500 for a used set up regardless of what you paid for it. I have bought and sold a ton of used bows and it just don't happen. I have found the best bet is to buy on Archerytalk and sell on EBay. Bows don't hold value at all compared to guns. A two year old or older used bow goes for roughly half price.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I am not trying to be smart by any means, but no one is gonna pay close to $1500 for a used set up regardless of what you paid for it. I have bought and sold a ton of used bows and it just don't happen. I have found the best bet is to buy on Archerytalk and sell on EBay. Bows don't hold value at all compared to guns. A two year old or older used bow goes for roughly half price.

This.

Bows are like cars, as soon as they leave the lot, you lost your ass on depreciation. Compounds anyways. That prime is a sweet bow, but you're way high on the price.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
yea I actually typed that from the stand yesterday. I looked at some of them and they are selling for around 1000-1200 from what I saw. I saw a few go for around 650 but they were a touch older.

I honestly am not sure what I am going to do with the bow. Might sell the Mathews Helim and hangon to my PRIME.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
anyone who knows me more than just this forum knows I am a good guy. I really didn't mean to price gouge on the above statement. I just wrote something quick and never did update thread. I hope everyone realizes that, I think some on here could back me on this.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
anyone who knows me more than just this forum knows I am a good guy. I really didn't mean to price gouge on the above statement. I just wrote something quick and never did update thread. I hope everyone realizes that, I think some on here could back me on this.
I don't know man, you're kinda shady... lmao

at1010

*Supporting Member*
lmao

Tell you what, sell me the Prime, bare, for $400 and I'll tell everyone how great a dude you are! HAHAHA!!!

Id sink it in lake erie before I sold it for $400. I love the bow, probably why I said such an insanely high price. I love my Mathews as well. hahaha BowHunter problems!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
If You can, hang onto it until closer to bow season and it will fetch more money. Sometimes when people get taxes back they will spend good money on bows

at1010

*Supporting Member*
If You can, hang onto it until closer to bow season and it will fetch more money. Sometimes when people get taxes back they will spend good money on bows

yea if I decide to sell, that is what I will do buddy! Thank you for the help.

BTW Text me if you get a chance, I got someone who might want your Elite