Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scores 2

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Ok, here we go.

Buck 1... Gross 204". 44 inches of mass. I was there when it was taped. Even added the numbers up again myself. Interesting story behind the kill but probably not my place to discuss that.

Buck 2... Gross 202". Nontypical points add up in a hurry. A coworker saw my trailcam pics of this buck and asked if it had half a tail...it does. He saw it the year before 5 miles away from where I got the pics. It was killed 3-4 miles away in the opposite direction of my coworkers by a lady the last day of gun season. Somehow I tracked her down and got the videos and pics to her in exchange for the score info. It netted 170 even.

Buck 3... Gross 157". Neighbor killed it walking into his stand the afternoon after I had it at 30 yards. He said it was chasing a doe with 5 other bucks.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Look closer at the first buck. It is 21 points. Your 170 as a 5x5 is reasonable. Add 11 more tines to that.

In not disputing you Mike! I was just stating that from the 5x5 that I thought I saw that I figured 170ish. It's very apparent that I did t get a good enough look at him. Lol

His mass must be incredible as I figured him for 38! It's a great deer!!! Is he a 6x6 with stickers or a 5x5 with stickers?

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
His mass must be incredible as I figured him for 38! It's a great deer!!! Is he a 6x6 with stickers or a 5x5 with stickers?

If I remember correct he is a 6x5. He has a double G4. The mass is unreal...it's not palmated...just THICK! When I checked that card and got those vids I about died. I knew it was a great deer but had it figured in the low 180s.

Buck 2 Tyler named "Rumpke" because of all the trash he had on his head. I got the velvet videos of him and put a bunch of cams out trying to get more of him. I got nothing until the end of September. I checked the cam and had him on it but couldn't hunt for a few days. Of course he was there during the daylight the next few days. The first chance I got I sat all day...the first week of October. He never returned. There for a week then gone. His score shocked me...I had no idea how to put a number on him. He had a couple broken tines when he was officially scored so he actually scored more than 202 in the pics.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The non-typicals are near my house. GREAT genetics in that area BUT it's worse than public ground. I basically have given it up to hunt 150" deer on the property we bought. Between most of the farmers inviting everyone to hunt and a few farmers that shoot every doe that walks into their fields year round it is tough hunting.

When I talk about Washington County, I always tell people there are pockets of world class genetics and that area is one of them. Go 10 miles either direction, and things are drastically different. My cousin has permission on one of the farmers who is shooting all the does and it's driving him nuts. But there are still some monsters in the area as evidenced by AH's buck. I'd give a left nut to have exclusive run of Dr. A's stuff. Easily some of the best ground in the county and at one time, arguably, in the state. If that general neighborhood was properly managed in a co-op, it would be a true paradise.

And I think you should share the story on Buck #1. It's a classic...

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
When I talk about Washington County, I always tell people there are pockets of world class genetics and that area is one of them. Go 10 miles either direction, and things are drastically different. My cousin has permission on one of the farmers who is shooting all the does and it's driving him nuts. But there are still some monsters in the area as evidenced by AH's buck. I'd give a left nut to have exclusive run of Dr. A's stuff. Easily some of the best ground in the county and at one time, arguably, in the state. If that general neighborhood was properly managed in a co-op, it would be a true paradise.

And I think you should share the story on Buck #1. It's a classic...

This area has great genetics and I think part of it has to do with farmers in the area thinning the does...it keeps the bloodlines clean but makes it next to impossible to kill great deer on the permissable farms. The guys with limited pressure in the area that have lots of does really have it made...Dr A's property. But I have heard that he was hurting for $$$ and leased it out last year. They killed 3 or 4 studs in October. I also think the property was up for auction last month so that may change everything.

As far as buck #1 story....if anyone wants to know pm me. I still live in the neighborhood. I've already lost enough to that group in thefts. I don't need more friction.