Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dandy late season buck!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ron and I have several friends that seem to get it done almost every year with a nice mature buck down. Ricky is one of them and he did it again last night with this slammer that he's been chasing all year! He estimates him at 6.5 years old and has 6 sheds off this deer as well!

Here's a few other great friends and their deer taken this season

Another good friend Stacey, also put a old mature buck down earlier back in mid November. Stacey and us go way back to the mid 80's and he's arrowed many great deer over that span. This years deer proved to be another challenge as he said he was the most timid and sneaky deer he's hunted. One interesting hunt he shared with me when hunting this deer was he watched an estrous doe get bred 5 times by two different bucks inside of 25-30 minutes! One buck was a 1.5 year old and the sloppy second buck was around 2.5 year old. Really makes you wonder which bucks seed fertilizes the egg and how often this happens!

Here is Stacey and the "Sneaky" buck.

Now Tim, we go back into the mid 70's when he went thru grade school and high school together. He's also killed his share of nice bucks over the years. The last few have been busted up not the case with this years buck named, Turkey Foot. He killed him around 4:30 on the Friday of gun season with his 444 Marlin.

Here's Tim and TF:

Another good friend we've had the pleasure to knowing and hunting with is Eric. I was fortunate to being back home for my 5 day bow hunt this past November from 11-8-11/12 when Eric put this dandy 8 down. It was during the lockdown period for our area at the time but Eric had great action all week while he experienced very slow movement and we were about 1 mile from each other at the time. Goes to show you its "happening somewhere" even though it isn't where you're hunting at the time. That's why it's important to have several places to hunt.
Here's Eric with his nice 8 named Bill, lol:

Ron as well as a few others who usually get it done are still hunting and hopefully will find a way before seasons end. With muzzy season just ahead and colder weather expected in the near future I hope the can end this season on a high note. If not, I'm sure they'll have fun and enjoy the hunt just the same!

Thanks for reading and good luck to you if you're still chasing that buck as well!

Congrats to my friends!!!

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a lifetime of trophies in one season between you, Karissa, and your friends. Very impressive and very well done! Congrats to all.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Those are some awesome deer! I've been seeing quite a few shed bucks the last week or two. I'm losing the drive to chase bucks knowing so many have shed.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys!

I totally forgot someone and I apologize. This is Stephen whom I'm looking forward to getting to know more as we get together at our deer camp and hunt together in the future. He is our newest member of our close knit hunting club and he killed a very nice buck with his bow this season and we're all very happy for him! I hope he kills many more in his future!

Here's Stephen and his deer:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Awesome job fellas! Thanks for allowing me to enjoy your hunting adventures guys. I was very blessed to have had small parts in each of these deer and more importantly, years of fellowship and friendship with each of these hunters. Thanks guys!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great deer...great friends...great times...great hunts....great memories!

AMEN Mike!!!

The fellowship and comraderie we share with each other here on TOO or around our deer camps among our other hunting circles is what it's all about! Sharing our successes and the tasty wild game with our friends is just part of it.

Great memories indeed!