Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Airbow?

runhunter

I beg to differ with your opinion. The criteria one sets to how he or she hunts has little to do with whether a bow or crossbow is the weapon of choice. From my experience it takes more difficulty for me to shoot a deer at 20 yards or less traveling through a natural funnel with my crossbow vs a hunter carrying a bow and shooting a deer at 40 yards over a pile of corn. How one decides to play the game by far outweighs what he carries to play the game. JMHO

Not really sure what this means, but you just added a whole bunch of variables to a situation, when my whole point is that the crossbow, and this this airbow, simplify the process. That's it.. I never knock guys for using crossbows, and don't think it takes away from the experience, or believe it's a gimme with a xbow in hand....but you can't tell me it doesn't make it easier. It absolutely simplifies the shot sequence.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I look at this way. Both sides of the fence on the subject is 100% correct in their thinking.

teej89

NE PA
Not really sure what this means, but you just added a whole bunch of variables to a situation, when my whole point is that the crossbow, and this this airbow, simplify the process. That's it.. I never knock guys for using crossbows, and don't think it takes away from the experience, or believe it's a gimme with a xbow in hand....but you can't tell me it doesn't make it easier. It absolutely simplifies the shot sequence.

The thing with the crossbow vs the compound, yes the crossbow is much easier to shoot but the compound can shoot farther and if you miss you can get a second arrow knocked and en route a helluva lot faster than w/ a crossbow. Each side has it's benefits but this airbow is just too much.

Jamie

Ohio
calling this an "airbow" is an insult to our intelligence, and nothing more than a marketing gimmick to sell it to intellectually challenged people under the guise that it is somehow archery. "bow" would mean that it has limbs that bend to store the energy that will propel the arrow and a string to connect said limbs. that is what a "bow" is by definition. this contraption is a dart gun, that shoots a really long dart. no semblance of archery in a gun that shoots an arrow.

this thread belongs on the gun forum. this is a new kind of air gun, not a new kind of bow.

Blan37

SW Ohio
I'm pretty agnostic about it. I guess I don't really care where the energy comes from to launch the arrow. Hell, it could be solar powered or run on wheatgrass for all I care. If it's accurate, powerful and can kill efficiently, I'm okay with it. That said, I don't think it will ever be legal for deer in Ohio.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm pretty agnostic about it. I guess I don't really care where the energy comes from to launch the arrow. Hell, it could be solar powered or run on wheatgrass for all I care. If it's accurate, powerful and can kill efficiently, I'm okay with it. That said, I don't think it will ever be legal for deer in Ohio.

I agree as it's all about shooting a arrow. If you wish to protest the use then just don't use and not prevent someone else from using.

Hunter II

If these, and crossbows, had been available in the 1960's do you think we would have a 4 month archery season?

Blan37

SW Ohio
I would think the conservation approach would have been different, so yeah, I do. I could be wrong, but I think conservation is the key to our season lenght. Bag limits can be adjusted as hunting methods become more efficient / effective.