Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opinions on this buck

TheShaff

I just finally checked my trail camera and I had this guy stroll by on 11/4. I was wondering what you guys thought of him and if you had a guess on his age and score, I have more pictures of him if needed.

uploadfromtaptalk1450980723867.jpguploadfromtaptalk1450980759741.jpg

aaronc

dayton
Good buck, I'd be flinging an arrow. Looks to be 4. Possibly 3, but that neck meets awfully low on his brisket to be 3

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hard to tell in pictures. Without guessing lengths. . . If I was in the stand guessing on the fly I would say 130's.

TheShaff

Hopefully he pays me a visit this morning! I think he's a shooter but the only issue is none of my buck like to come out in the daylight.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
They are usually either in bed or on their way back to bed before daylight this time of year. It's 40° out so the weather isn't really going to force them up to feed.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I thought he was 2.5 only because the camera angle appears to be elevated pointing down a bit, making it hard to tell if his belly is really sagging like that. If Im just imagining it, then he is atleast 3.5. I'd guess he is 128".

Flatlander

Darby Creek
I guessed him to be 4 1/2 and in the 140's. Although he is narrow it looks like a lot of tine length to only be 120's. Better photos would help. Gold nuggets will bring him out! Good luck!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
some advice as well. I would suggest trying to check your cameras more frequently.

You pulled that card on 11-14 and now you are huntin a deer on 12-26. That deer very easily could have just been crushing through the area via the rut. Did you get any pictures of him recently?

Also Chad is right, deer are back in bed in the mornings during this time of the season. Please don't shy away from hunting early season in Nov!

Best of luck bud!