Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

All hail the Wolf.....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
WTF- just think in such a short time of 6 years the forest regrew, the river changed course, the animals repopulated and the damn wolves didn't eat any new animals. It's a just damn amazing.
Must have been put out by the same stupid people who wanted the wolves put back.

Steelheadtracker

I don't see what's the big problem with reintroducing them. God is the one that put them there in the first place. As long as their population is kept in check I don't see the issue. They were there long before we were and the animals there thrived just fine.

HeartLunger

I don't see what's the big problem with reintroducing them. God is the one that put them there in the first place. As long as their population is kept in check I don't see the issue. They were there long before we were and the animals there thrived just fine.

The problem with wolf reintroduction is they introduce a Canadian hybrid type wolf - at least that's what they did in Idaho. These wolves don't have predators and are hardier than the wolves that were originally found in the states.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Watched the video and I thought it was shot with rosy glasses on, there is always a negative as well as a positive.... No hunting in the park? We'll bring in wolves.... Like John stated, not the type that would of been native too the area.... Let's bring in a mega wolf.....
So when they flourish and overextend their habitat then what? The video already said that the herds already avoid areas due too the wolves.... What happens when they get pushed off the park too private property and over graze there? Now you have ranchers who already are leery of wolves too begin with, having too worry more about the flow of food too the wolves onto their properties with them soon to follow....

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

I don't see this way. It took 1,000,000's of years for the wolf to develope into what it is today. Then you throw in the hybred part and everything goes out of wack. It's my belief that it was survival of the fittest over these millions of years that caused the wolf as we see it today not God's work.
Then man produces a tame beef cattle through selective breeding over 1000,s of years into animal that is raised only to produce meat for man. The tame cattle has no instinct to defend itself.
The wolf has no place in a area where man raises cattle. This stupid idea was dreamed up by a group of city slickers that wanted to save the world at someone else's expense. These city slickers don't live where they introduced the wolf so in their mind it's no harm done. Make the bastards live in the wolf area and invest their lives savings into raising cattle there and I'm sure they will look at it different. If they still think it's OK, then have them raise the money to buy out all the ranchers there and all is well as they will take the punishment dished out by the wolves. Well I'm here t tell you it won't happen.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Washington upped its cougar permit numbers in wolf relocation areas this year. This was done at the request of wolf lover groups to make room for more wolves. Some really backwards conservation tactics.

What's the general consensus out there with the wolves Tom???

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Same as everywhere else. Big game hunters and ranchers hate them. Predator hunters and trappers want a season established. Hippies tree huggers amd the Seattle types think they are great.

Until the hipsters start losing Fido of fluffy that is....