Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Snow dammit!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I absolutely love late-season hunting. The deer settle back in a pattern, there's usually good snow on the ground to expose their secrets, and corn becomes an huge temptation.

But not only that, I love the woods in the late season. A good blanket of snow on the ground that lightly dusted the trees, the foliage is all off and you can see a long ways through the woods. You can see and hear the deer coming a long ways off. Sure it's cold but it's just an awesome time to be in the woods. The surrounding land owners aren't out riding four wheelers, shooting guns, or driving metal fence post with a tractor attachment like last weekend. Most everyone has retreated to hibernation for the winter.

The problem is, we have a little over a month of season left a no damn snow in sight. It needs to get nasty, like a 10 inch snow in one night and below freezing for two weeks nasty. Yard these suckers up and get on em snow.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Finally had a cool enough day too go chase bunnies for the day... Felt good too be out (even though no snow) had too feed that addiction....
Haven't seen any deer in the last two sits... So bunnies it is for the near future....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Awww yiiissss. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450475504.714841.jpg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I hope you got enough snow for the entire winter. We got enough today to last me for the entire winter, about 13 small flakes.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We got a solid 1/2" or so here. I like snow and cold more than hot and humid. If I'm going to get Tracie on a deer, it better get cold soon!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Washington Co sees 1/2". We see flurries off and on. Not enough to leave a dusting on a windshield. Couldn't see them on ground or on raised surfaces, just in the air blowing. Huh? Oh well. At least I won't have to pay the guy that plows my driveway. Lol

epe

Lancaster
Ground was covered in Lancaster. Nothing here in Canal Winchester where we are waterfowl hunting. Windy though

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
We had two minutes of flurries yesterday afternoon. This winter forecast so far calls for 100% chance of suckiness.