Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sad day in TOOville...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Been 2 years since we lost old Ted. I was just telling a guy about him the other day as we talked guns. Ted left several with TOO members and I'd say most of us would never part with them out of respect for him. My Benelli will always be a special gun because of my deal with him on it.

RIP old buddy.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Jesse, CJ as well as myself were fortunate too take possession of one of Ted’s guns over the years.... My .410 O/U Will always be with me on my rabbit hunts.

My FB timeline showed Ted and I became friends 5 years to the day he passed. I just realized that today and it gave me one of those woah moments.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
His wife just passed a couple of weeks ago.
Shit. Sad. She told me at his visitation that she always gave him grief for sitting in that little room on his little computer talking to people on the internet, but she was amazed at how many people who had never met him face-to-face showed up to give their respects.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I bought a Mossturd Grand slam Turkey special off NWOHhunter. He had bought it off Ted if not mistaken. I hate that gun. Since it was Ted's I've never listed it for sale. If I sold it I would only sell to a TOO member who would appreciate it.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Jesse, CJ as well as myself were fortunate too take possession of one of Ted’s guns over the years.... My .410 O/U Will always be with me on my rabbit hunts.

My FB timeline showed Ted and I became friends 5 years to the day he passed. I just realized that today and it gave me one of those woah moments.
Yup. I love that 17 . Will always keep it.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
I bought a Mossturd Grand slam Turkey special off NWOHhunter. He had bought it off Ted if not mistaken. I hate that gun. Since it was Ted's I've never listed it for sale. If I sold it I would only sell to a TOO member who would appreciate it.

Hahaha damn Phil !!! I’m sorry! I was thinking about that gun the other day...might make a good yote gun[emoji848]

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hahaha damn Phil !!! I’m sorry! I was thinking about that gun the other day...might make a good yote gun[emoji848]
No worries. Had a fail to fire on a nice turkey once. Sights tend to fall off. I have called Mossberg several times to have them send replacements. Just frustrating. The idea of the gun itself is nice. It's compact. Camo.