Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Change in tactics

Ohioal

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but 10 years ago if you were to drive around the area I hunt you would see groups of pushers everywhere going from wood lot to wood lot. That practice in now all but extinct by me. Good thing imo is less deer wounded and shot at on the run but bad thing is less action for the entire day. Most guys now pick a stand site and sit still for the day with very limited walking around. Not that I'm complaining as we still have natural daylight movement in the middle of gun season and the deer aren't too edgy Is anybody seeing anything like this

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Saw a group in 2 trucks on opening day, they were trespassing on one property and I'm not sure about the second property I saw them parked at on my way home. I've never really participated in many deer drives, I'd rather bow hunt.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but 10 years ago if you were to drive around the area I hunt you would see groups of pushers everywhere going from wood lot to wood lot. That practice in now all but extinct by me. Good thing imo is less deer wounded and shot at on the run but bad thing is less action for the entire day. Most guys now pick a stand site and sit still for the day with very limited walking around. Not that I'm complaining as we still have natural daylight movement in the middle of gun season and the deer aren't too edgy Is anybody seeing anything like this

Probably look a little different tomorrow and Sunday.

Ohioal

That's why I am surprised because it like this all week long. There are some driving groups here and there but it's almost just like bow season except for a few more gun shots. I actually really like it this way as I still have deer patterns

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
There are less drivers during the week around these parts. I've only seen one big group driving all week. I strongly suspect tomorrow will be a different story. Sunday too, to a lesser degree.