Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stalking

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
With the wind up tomorrow and not much activity around my blind I am thinking of doing some stalking but I have never done it before, any pointers or ideas.

Thanks

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Slow. Walk very very very slowly. Spend as much time glassing as you do taking steps.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
When i still hunt I keep the wind in my face and walk slow... typically take 2-5 steps and stop and look for a few minutes... keep an eye out near down trees and tall grassy areas... hope this helps

Bigcountry40

I like to still hunt/stalk hunt with a partner on opposite sides of a ridge/holler 1 at the top, 1 at the bottom and walk about 100 ft every 10 minutes we call it 10 'n' 10.

teej89

NE PA
take two steps then pan for 30seconds, two more steps, pan... and so on. It should take you a LONG time to cover even 100yds.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yea I read 1 hour 100 yards

Yeah, no patience for that pace lol, probably why I don't do it much lol.... I still hunt too my stand when I get there early in the afternoon but that's about it.... And that's a slow pace but no where near that slow lol

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Yeah, no patience for that pace lol, probably why I don't do it much lol.... I still hunt too my stand when I get there early in the afternoon but that's about it.... And that's a slow pace but no where near that slow lol

Well, maybe as you get a little older you'll develop some patience, grasshopper