Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

gun season musr have started early

jlane

dunn nc
wow gun season must have started early for some, about 4;30 heard several right many shots around the area, up til about 530 not all from the same direction one to two shots at a time some fairly close most at a distance,apparantly the law dosent matter for some

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I hear gun shots almost every time I hunt. Nothing new in these parts. With gun season less than 48 hours away, it makes sense there was a lot of shooting.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I heard people shooting from 3 different directions Friday when I went to check a camera card. That didn't bother me. The ricochets bothered me. I don't know what they were shooting at, but i could hear bullets whistling through the air ricocheting from their target.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I heard people shooting from 3 different directions Friday when I went to check a camera card. That didn't bother me. The ricochets bothered me. I don't know what they were shooting at, but i could hear bullets whistling through the air ricocheting from their target.

Couple years ago I had shots whistling over my yard when watering my cattle. I called the sheriff and the stupid clerk said "go in the house where it's safe". I told her to get damn sheriff car out here now. "How will he know where the shots are coming from" was her reply. My reply was "open the damn car window and listen". "He's in route"."
I have a rather short idea of stupid.

Steelheadtracker

There's a guy who likes to use his bumpski stock on his AR and shoot into the property woods adjacent my inlaws and into my inlaws property woods literally almost every day. I will be in stand and it will be dead quiet then all of a sudden I hear gun shots like they are right next to me and it gives me a heart attack. My father in law built a huge pole barn this past summer and at the end of summer he noticed a bullet hole going right through the garage door of it and out the back of the barn. He literally hadn't even poured the concrete yet and some idiot shot his barn. We are in there and around the property all the time and the person could have killed someone.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What a bunch of inconsiderate assholes. At least I'm waiting until tomorrow to sight mine in.