Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scioto Land Company....anyone know anything?

GOBUCKS2511

Long story short, Scioto Land Company owns a small 5 acre parcel that borders my hunting property. I have tried (relentlessly) to get in contact with someone about buying it.

It seems like they are a dark, secret society in which one company leads to a company that oversees them, that turns into another company, etc etc.

For a company that owns well over 100,000 acres in Southeast Ohio, they are near impossible to get in contact with. It seems the only way to get in touch with them is if they want to contact you.

I have already checked with the county auditor's office. The only thing they have for them is the same as we can all find online....an address in Atlanta, Georgia in a skyscraper that nobody in the security department of that building has even heard of.

I have went down every avenue possible and I am exhausted and aggrivated lol. Any help, contacts or leads would be more than appreciated! Just trying to see if anyone on here has dealt with them recently on leases, buying land, etc.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Go to the OHIO Secretary of State website and look up the business by name. They should have a registration for them to do business in Ohio and that should have the contact Info in it

GOBUCKS2511

Good idea....already went down that road. Looks like they are tied into a company called Bowmore but there is no contact number or contact information for them on the secretary of state website.

GOBUCKS2511

Removed. Appears that may be a different company. They specialize in appraisals.

Yes...there is a Scioto Land Company in Worthington. I called them a while back and the lady seemed as though they get quite a few phone calls about the Scioto Land Co we are talking about. Totally different company.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
found this
Scioto Land Company is the owner of what used to be Mead land. They are the single largest land owner in Ohio. They have property for lease in alot of the southern counties. Most of the land is rugged foothills of the appalachia with good genetics. They are slowly selling the properties off in lieu of leasing them but there are still leases to be had. I believe they are an equity investment company looking to turn a dollar on the land. They purchased thousands of acres for low cost per acre. My only interaction with them was through offers and counter offers when I was attempting to purchase a piece of their property.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I think buckslayer Seth got a hold of some land from these guys. Might shoot him a pm and see if he did, and how he got a hold of them.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
F&W Forestry located in chillicothe ohio is where you will want to start your inquiry. They are the land manager in southern ohio for scioto land company.

OO2

In the Uplands
Hmm this is interesting. I have seen this company pop up multiple times in my searching of areas. I too still see ATL as address location.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Once I know it's a sure thing and not another rabbit path I'll post it.
7C23CF92-E854-43C6-B60F-F3302B9737FA.png

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks like TIG bought the URL to redirect to their site. Timber and land companies change by the week it seems. Only one lease in Ohio.

Chass

The Hills
TIG is the main investment company for these. You will see a slew of them pop up in a few months for bid. They've been getting driven up to $25+ an acre. They're great if you dont have issues, if you have issues they're absolutely no help at all.