Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Southern Ohio Success

GOBUCKS2511

I have been hunting this particular buck for 3 years on my property. The past 2 seasons he was a solid mid 160's 10 pt and this year he was a 9 and lost a little on tine length and width. He isnt the biggest deer on my place but I made the right decision on him because of his age.

I had the pleasure of taking him on 11-16-15 on an afternoon sit. I rarely use a doe decoy in the woods but at this particular stand, bucks cruise through and if they dont wind a doe or see a doe in the area they pass on through. As soon as this buck saw the decoy he circled around and gave me a 10 yard broadside shot.

I have been reading this board for some time and just decided to join. Lots of good talk and info on here!

deer4.jpgDeer6.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hell of an introduction right there lol... Congrats on getting a buck that you have that much history with.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He's a dandy nice buck! Congrats on taking him and outsmarting him! That was a great idea to slow em down with the doe deke!

Pull up a chair and welcome to TOO!

GOBUCKS2511

Congrats! Tell us a little about yourself.

Upper 30's, Scioto County resident. Fish and golf in the spring/summer, prepare for the 2 week sprint we call the rut all year!

Favorite teams are 1.) The Ohio State University 2.) Whoever plays *ichigan

Been hunting since I was 9. Started squirrel hunting and rabbit hunting. Killed first deer at 13. I was hooked on the woods from the first moment I saw the morning sun come up over the southern Ohio hills while squirrel hunting as a kid.

That sums it up lol.

GOBUCKS2511

Thanks guys!

I have a mainframe 10pt with a nice split drop and several kickers that I have numerous pictures and encounters with this year. 30 yards and no shot on him 2 days before I killed the 9pt. He is probably only 3.5 yrs old and will go mid 160's this year....long G2s and G3s and good mass. Cant wait to see what he turns into next year....hopefully a booner.

Next season cant get here soon enough for this guy!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome and congrats. Looks like you are doing something right on your property.