Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doe had to die

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I talked to my processor a couple weeks ago and he said he's seen more fat on deer this year than he remembers in recent years. Tough winter ahead is what I'm thinking!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
thank you dustin!

J , maybe a tough winter is coming!

Usually a sign, and Jesse just posted what a processor said, so get ready too bundle up if your late season hunting lol.... First gun don't look bad at all (at least the first few days) but the second gun and muzzle loader might be a different ball game lol

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I talked to my processor a couple weeks ago and he said he's seen more fat on deer this year than he remembers in recent years. Tough winter ahead is what I'm thinking!

thats interesting. My buddy who is helping me process her does deer for free for all our friends. They do sometimes 30 deer during gun season, which is a lot when you are not doing it for money. Super good dudes, and they see a lot of deer is my point.

He said it was surprisingly fat for that time of year. She was just a big doe as well, so who knows! I had some decent acorns at the farm this year as well.