Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trail cam locks

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have just big cable locks on my cams. I want some locks to lock them shut. I know if someone wants it bad they will just use bolt cutters but a lot of times I think people take out of fear.

If sd is locked in camera. I might catch them trespassing.

Right now I have a pistol safety lock holding my camera shut. Looking for something better.

Thank you!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I'm thinking a security box may be necessary for your situation. You know any fabricators??

I have buddies with welding torches. Hahaha

I really would rather just have a cable to run through eye hole of camera and out lock on it to keep it shut. I haven't been able to find anything yet! Ugh!

jonpgilbert2

I've used cables even crimped the cables together had 3 cameras stolen 3 years straight. I hate theives trespassors and poachers have felt with all 3 called game warden no change they just get sneakyer. If the want it they'll get it

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
1a.jpg We made a bunch of them for our Bushnell cameras.

HeartLunger

We've always been lucky with thieves, I guess. Never had anything stolen until this year when my buddy has had two stands stolen. So, where are you guys have stuff stolen? Private land, public, personal land?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Are cable locks on both the cameras and the stands? Just curious.... As I lock everything up if I'm leaving it in the woods and I hunt all private land....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We use all ladder stands and either weld the ladders together or bolt them with lock nuts. The thieves are to lazy to mess with them.

Just started bolting them this year after my buddy commented on the ease of taking them apart with pins in them.....

Bolting the ladder stands together is what saved one of mine several years ago. When I put it up I had ran out of cable locks but I wasn't worried about it as we never had problems before. Well, that year a neighbor decided to yank it down and had drug it clear across our field and stashed it in the brush, likely planning to come back to take it apart with some wrenches. Only reason I know who it was is because we had a run-in with him trespassing and found the support bar sitting up against a tree with a hunting stool next to it while he was about 30 yards away. Figure we walked in on him and he tried to get off the trail without being seen.